Picture framing and art in Puerto Plata area

We have a couple of prints we would like to frame. I thought I read somewhere that there is a framing shop in Puerto Plata. Can anyone confirm?

Also what about places to buy art in Puerto Plata, Sosua and Cabarete. Any suggestions?

There is a very good frame shop just up the street from the city central open air market.

For the best buy on local art visit the Haitian  Village by the Brugal warehouse off the malacon (west side of town about 4 block west of the Independence Square.

Bob K

Thanks Bob. Can you help with a location for the city central open air market. Asked a few friends but no one could help.

Is the Haitian Village a store Bob, or an open air market?

Keep away from the one down by the Port.
They have an head office in Santiago.
I took 4 prints there to get framed.
When I picked them up, they ALL
had been rolled up & had slight creases in them.
I pointed it out & they said that's how I brought them in.
That was crap, of course. I was in the Art & framing business for 40 years in Canada.
The one Bob is talking about is the better one.

Bmrdrver

No the Haitian village is a series of streets near the port.  It is  about 4 blocks west of the Independence square and south of the Brugal warehouse.

I can drive to the framer but cannot explain its location other then just a few blocks south of the open air "farmers market" and tourist shopping mall.  Sorry, I ask my wife if she has a business card for the shop in the morning.

Bob K

The Framer is bordering on the north-west corner of the fruit, veggie, fish, carne market. At least he was 7 years ago!
Tom.

That is the one.  It is actually a block south of the market.

Bob K