Need advice for Tourist Visa Application.

Hello I'm from Philippines. I just want to seek advices or suggestions for applying a tourist visa for NZ. I am planning to visit NZ this coming January under sponsor invitation which is not related to me. He is just friend who resides in NZ. My concern is if I have a big chance to have a Tourist Visa since it will be my first time travel out of the country. I have enough money to stay there and I'm under sponsor invitation and my length of stay will be just a month or two. Does having enough banking statement and short length of stay is enough to have entry success. I just wanna know other experiences they encounter for applying a tourist visa under sponsorship or genuine tourist. Thanks

Its a long process all they want is that u will return yr country when yr time is up.if u have job back yr country etc. IM trying to sponsor someone from Philippines to Australia and its very hard.

Hello Kinotawa thanks for your reply. I also think that it will be hard. I don't have job here in Philippines and I only wanna make a month spend of holiday there in NZ.

Hi if u get letter of invitation from that person in new Zealand and letters from family to say u have reason to return to Philippines it will certainly help.

Oh okay. So it would mean a big help. Thanks Kinotawa. I hope my application for a month of vacation holiday will be grant. Good luck also.

Hi maybe u can visit Australia have u thought about that ?

Naa is it more easier in Australia?

The process is the same to go to Australia or NZ. No one is easier than the other.

Hi Stumpy. Thank you for the response. Now I know that there's no easy way or short cuts. It will be my first time travel so there's a lot questions and doubt in my mind. Have a nice day.

Please make a note.
Australia DOESN'T run New Zealand Immigration. They seem to think they own New Zealand.
You can NOT go to New Zealand on an invite from someone who has a sponsor. You will have to have your own. That is to say, if I had a sponsor I can't invite someone to go to New Zealand on that same sponsorship. If that were the case families would join the person who is sponsored.
The Philippines, if I am correct, is a part of USA. With that in mind, you might have 3 months on an electronic visa automatically.
Good Luck with you travel as I am working out a few kinks of my own.

@RoyallyPissed

When did Philippines become part of USA ??

Hmmmm. let me see about the same time we put bases there in about 50 years ago. I think. As I stated I could be wrong. About the same as American Samoa.
But I could be wrong.

Your best bet, go to the New Zealand Embassy in Manila and talk to a rep there. He/she will have the best advise you can get. DON'T waste your time with some of these people as they are just assuming. I have lived in New Zealand for 6 years and I do know pretty much it takes to go there and to live there as well. Lot better than most as even have ties with the culture there better than the P.M of New Zealand. I have the respect of tribes there as well and also in Western Samoa as well.
So I do know a bit more than the average person.
As I stated, check with New Zealand Embassy before you do anything else. You have an advantage over most people going to New Zealand. There is only 4 countries that have New Zealand Embassies that deal with issues like this. The U.K(London), USA(Los Angeles, Washington D.C), Manila, Philippines. They are the main branches that deal with visas and applications for residency. Any other country is restricted to the place that issued your passport.
But I would look into the passport, if is stated National Of The USA on the passport. You might get a 3 month visa at the time your purchase your flight from travel agency. That will be a separate fee on your ticket price.

Wow so much information. How much is true probably not a lot. IM from new Zealand naghti ruakawa. Livind in Australia been to Philippines 3times have girlfriend there trying to bring her Australia on tourist visit there's no such thing as electronic visa Philippines is not part of America. My step mum is from manila married my papa she still lives new Zealand and the process to get her there was not that easy but yes eventually she got there. Yes they drive left hand cars there and wear American clothes play basketball  have massive war memorial there the likes i never seen before but part of America with visa connection to atearoha  ko.