Learning Latvian

Hello everybody
I m military in the Belgium army and soon pension.
My girlfriend is living in Riga
I visited already several times the different topics in Latvia
When I will be pension, I intent to come live in Latvia near Riga
I communicate with my girlfriend in English
But for a better integration, I would like to learn Latvian
Can someone help me to give me information's about person or locations where I could do it
Thx for yours answers
Have a nice day
Bigfoot013

Hi Bigfoot013,

I have moved your topic in a new thread so that you can get the necessary information. I invite you to also post your ad in the Latvia classifieds section.

Thank You
Naomi :)

Hello, i too was ARMY with British  Nato Section two after sixteen years with regiment. I retired in Latvia some three years ago with my Latvian wife. No trouble with registration as pensioner and Latvian welcomes Pensioners that are willing to keep law. Latvia is a good place but very very cold in winters here.  Just keep your bank in Belgium and have them notified you live in Latvia for change of details. No problem. Register you car at the same time. I could not as RHD and Latvia has not joined the other EU nations that allow cars from any nation.Here only Latvian reg cars are allowed on roads. Sand based none maintained side roads,B roads and many main roads here are dangerous to drive on as pot holes after rains and freeze one meter deep in winter causing skids. The youth drift cars around fast bends near Riga and on back roads where I live making life fun? The upside is Latvia is peaceful and cheaper than most other places outside of Mexico. Building materials are same as UK in price as all are imported. Hope this helps.

Hey !
If you want, it gives 17 minutes languages...
It's 90 € for 4 years...
(You must have access to the internet for that... )

It gives assimil-Letton de poche...

But I'm sorry: I'm not sure it's good for English...
(You can verify... !)