Buying in Onil - Need info about safety and living expense there?

We have found a property online that looks ok. It is Onil.
Can anyone give us advice on living in Onil. The cost of running a town house. Water rates, council taxes, electricity, house insurance.
Is Onil safe.
The property if we buy, will be empty for long periods, any security risks?
We want a place with a fair to good selection of tapas restraunts, bars and some shops.
The info on the internet is limited, but it does sudgest that there is some history, castle, walking, cycling. Comunity pool maybe.
All advice and information gratefully received.
We are a middle aged couple, still plenty of life, needing somewhere to rest and play.

Chris Randall wrote:

We have found a property online that looks ok. It is Onil.
Can anyone give us advice on living in Onil. The cost of running a town house. Water rates, council taxes, electricity, house insurance.
Is Onil safe.
The property if we buy, will be empty for long periods, any security risks?
We want a place with a fair to good selection of tapas restraunts, bars and some shops.
The info on the internet is limited, but it does sudgest that there is some history, castle, walking, cycling. Comunity pool maybe.
All advice and information gratefully received.
We are a middle aged couple, still plenty of life, needing somewhere to rest and play.

Hi Chris

I dont live in Onil but do own 2 town houses there , never had a problem with security , the town is very nice and well connected to the motorway , so great for the airport and beach !
the town hall is very interesting also there is a toy museum as toy making is one of Onils main industry .

Let me know if you need help finding property there as I have an Estate agent friend

Cheers Tony

Agost Alicante

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply.
The houses in Onil that you own, do you let them, or is there a rental, market there?
I am trying to cover as many bases as possible.
Is there anyone on this site that you know, that lives in Onil.?

Chris

Hi Chris

No I dont rent my houses out they require renovation and are up for sale .

Sorry dont know any one that lives there full time , but in most towns there are good and bad zones , there is always more risk if you are not there full time as is the case in most areas .

Have you visited the area , that is the best way to get a feel for the place and chat to local ex pats , not sure if it is still there but there was a bar in the park run by ex pats , so good place to get info !

Cheers Tony