Your experience with MQRIC

Hi everyone,

I'm currently dealing with acquiring an employment visa here in Malta, and had to submit my diploma, transcripts, etc to the MQRIC. Can I ask those of you that have done the same how long the evaluation process lasted?

I've never had a more frustrating bureaucratic experience than I do every time I have to talk to the man that works in that office. From the moment I walked it, I was treated rudely and without respect, and definitely without any sense of compassion. I've tried asking him what an average wait time is for the application approval process, and he says there's zero information he can give me, and I just need to "sit and wait." I just want to know an average!

Thanks for your help!

they told us it's between 3 weeks and 4 months
in the end my wife got her papers sorted in 2 and half months

hope it helps

I ve waited 8 months,maybe you will be lucky and have it before!

It all helps stress me out! But yes, it does help. :)

Thanks guys for your answers.

The person at the front desk has no information about the procedures, most probably no higher education and paid very low (like many others here), so do not expect too much  :(
Duration of the recognition procedure seems to be depending on the subject, my wife's academic degree was recognised within 2 or 3 months, while my technical education took them about 6-7 months with the conclusion that for recognition of my engineering degree I have to contact the chamber of engineers  :lol:
btw, if something is missing, do not expect that they contact you, they simply stop the process - so it's better to ask about the status from time to time :-)