Living in Jazan - female compounds

Hi Everyone!

I'll be coming to Jazan in Jan 2016. I wantex to know is it safe for single females to live independently? And what is the better option: sublet rooms aur independent apartments? One more thing, are there any female compounds or building completely occupied by females?

If u r nurse and working in big hospital yes of course they have separate compounds and accommodation just for women... with security. ..proper schedule for shopping. .going out and coming back.. in case u hired by small clinic or small hospital they will provide u accommodation with families building but it will be in public area where anyone can go come and u r free to roam around..

Sam334477 wrote:

Hi Everyone!

I'll be coming to Jazan in Jan 2016. I wantex to know is it safe for single females to live independently? And what is the better option: sublet rooms aur independent apartments? One more thing, are there any female compounds or building completely occupied by females?

Thanks for the response :)
I'll join Jazan University as lecturer and I guess they don't have any hostel :( I have to arrange accommodation on my own and that's my biggest concern.

Are you coming as a teacher? Jizan is not Jeddah, Riyadh or Khobar/Dammam. There may be something (compound) here I dont know about since Im a male, but I would imagine it will be very limited options. Not with a pool or anything like that. Jizan is pretty primitive by Saudi standards and although in 5 years it may look like Khobar at the rate it's developing right now I hope you can find something. If you do, take it because there wont be many options here if there is one and that's what you want. As far as safe and living independent I'd say the environment is pretty relaxed as a whole as it's much less populated here compared to big cities of Saudi. You might want to address this to your employer and have them look/call around for you. It feels in some ways more like the third world than the first, again compared to other cities in Saudi. Very few Western females down here. Ive seen one or two obviously Western females here in the malls walking around in ten months of living here. I've assumed your Western which you may not be according to your profile description. Not to scare you off, but to make you aware of what it's like down here.

Since you're joining Jazan University they have their own faculty housing complex unless it's all full. I would recommend living there if an option. It's basically brand new and still being finished. I'm surprised they didn't make that in their offer to you, especially as a single Western female coming here. You might want to mention it to someone as people here sometimes don't think things through as a Westerner when offering things like jobs especially  in your circumstances.

I don't know what college you're teaching at as the University is scattered all over Jazan. If you're teaching at a branch that's in town than it may be easier than I originally thought. Again, I'd ask to talk to someone from the HR department explain your circumstances and see if someone (female) from town and at the University  has any leads about what your asking about.

Then you have to find good building and separate flat with single room plus kitchen and toilet. .I am sure it will good for you to have rest after work and soenr time with ur self as you want...and you will free to go anywhere either if u have off days at weekends you can go jeddah its nice city to roam around and have fun...Welcome anytime

Sam334477 wrote:

Thanks for the response :)
I'll join Jazan University as lecturer and I guess they don't have any hostel :( I have to arrange accommodation on my own and that's my biggest concern.

Aslam u alikum

I m looking for accommodation for my sister she is gonna join as a professor in jazan university can u kindly help me regarding the Same