Banks preferred for EXPATS

Dobrey Den, Hi to all

I have recently shifted to the Prague 6 from India with the student visa permit.
I wonder which bank should be preferred to open a student savings account with all the amenities including international wire transfer and minimum or free withdraw charges from ATMs in Czech Republic and other European countries.
I have heard about KB and FIO bank.
Suggest me the best options I can have.

Thanks. 
:thanks:

Hi - have a look at zlatakoruna dot info.

Hey Vyas,

CS, KB, CSOB and Unicredit are the Big 4, they may have special deals for students. That's probably the best option for you.
If no good, I'd go with either Fio, mBank or Zuno for regular transactions within Czech Republic. They all offer account and basic services for free, no hidden cost.
If you need to send or receive money to/from abroad (especially outside EU), that can get complicated - charges are insane.

Good luck!

Jirka

Agreed, Fio is good, I've been using their services for almost 10 years myself.
They do not offer credit card though and never have. It must be debit card, that one is free.

Hi,

If you just want a basic bank, I agree with the others about Fio but if you're looking to do more complicated things like get a mortgage or car loan, etc, Raiffeisen is the mostly friendly to non-native Czechs in my opinion.  They also are the only bank I've found willing to consider foreign sources of income (I live here but telecommute for work so my income does not originate from the Czech Republic, which raises red flags at most banks).