How to bring your car to the Czech Republic

Hello everybody,

If you exported your car to the Czech Republic, were there any formalities that needed to be completed beforehand? What were they?

What is the best way to export your car? Is there a limit on the number of vehicles, or perhaps the age of the vehicle? Are there limits on emissions or emission controls in Czech Republic?

What are the expected costs of exporting a car? In your opinion, is it worth it?

Once you arrived in Czech Republic, what were the applicable taxes? What was the customs process like?

How do you go about registering an imported car in Czech Republic?

Is it best to buy a car once you have arrived or to bring your car with you, in your opinion?

We look forward to hearing from you!

Bhavna

"If you exported your car to the Czech Republic, were there any formalities that needed to be completed beforehand? What were they? " importing car from outside of EU means you need to pay tax......there are way to skip it, if it is your personal car, and you moved in...   You need to have proof, you are owner of car +6month prior sending(and at least 6k km)... - also you must show proof, you had residency outside EU +12 months...

"What is the best way to export your car? Is there a limit on the number of vehicles, or perhaps the age of the vehicle? Are there limits on emissions or emission controls in Czech Republic? "  limit is 8 years age & EUR2 ...  but keep in mind, your car may be only for specific region ( you woud have to undergo lenghyt process of registration of that particular car )....

What are the expected costs of exporting a car? In your opinion, is it worth it?
VAS is 21% & customs... here is as example calculator for price in case of transfer new car from USA... It can be cheaper, if you can proof, its your car (see what i wrote on very begining)...
and my opinion? No it is not worthy, unless there is love to your car involved :)

"Once you arrived in Czech Republic, what were the applicable taxes? What was the customs process like? " custom office  - celnisprava.cz/en/Pages/default.aspx ... you can visit them, and ask for details. I was planig to import my car from outside, but after seeing process i stop it ...

"Is it best to buy a car once you have arrived or to bring your car with you, in your opinion? " buy locally... its easier to get rid of it...