Seeking work in Florianop as EFL English tutor/nanny/tour guide

Hi. I'm going to arrive in Florianopolis on vacation for ten days on Nov 13th and I am seeking work in Florianop eg as as EFL English tutor/nanny/tour guide/other jobs which may offer casual work. I am British and I don't have a work visa and I have researched how to get a work visa from the UK and found absolutely no way to get one doing this type of work. Basically, I run my own seasonal tourism business in the UK and I am trying to find opportunities to work in Florianop each year from eg any time from September onwards until eg as late as April or May.

If anyone on here can recommend advice on following eg when do businesses hire extra casual staff for high season? Do you think employers will employ someone with only basic Portugese to do such work? Note that I speak fluent French and Japanese plus a high level of Spanish and German and I am experienced and qualified in the above mentioned occupations.

Hi.
It was nice to know you are coming to floripa. You can get random jobs in the summer since you speak spanish and a lot o argentineans come here in the summer. I do know that there are jobs for tour guides and even shops but I doubt you will be able to get lucky unless you know someone here tohelp you. Thats where I come in. :) . We have a small networking group in floripa to help english speakers settle in and in day to day activities. Join us on www.facebook.com  on Gringoes in Floripa
https://www.facebook.com/groups/8398291 … mp;fref=ts

Or Inbox me. Best of luck and welcome to floripa!

Hi soie5,

How are you doing? Haven't seen you around for a while. I hope things are just great with you and your family.

Cheers,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team

Thanks for asking James. I am all good,  just been busy,  was travelling. But,  I can never stay away from this forum for long. Hope all is good with you and the family, too. I see you are still busy helping everyone find and answer to their brazilian problems :)