Brazil is Calling Me!!!

Hi All,
Let me introduce myself :
I am VenkateshD from India.
I am currently working with Multinational software company in India as a Sr. Software Automation Tester.
I have 5+ years of experience with Selenium web-driver , java , framework development.
I love coding , listening music , painting and beer.
I want to move desperately to Sao Poulo permanently with my wife and sweet little baby.
i can speak English and i am learning Portuguese.
what are the chances of getting job suitable to my profile described above.

thanks,
VenkateshD

Don`t be so desperate , Brazil ain`t the promised land .

On the contrary ClaudioD, one man's trash is another man's treasure, u see in life I have learnt that destinies are not the same because in same land where it seems tough some people find Favour of a smooth life so I guess he should just visit first and take a look then finally make his decision. Cheers!

Hello Venkatesh,

Well, jobs in the computing area are not extremely difficult to find. You could try checking out some of the job search sites.

www.vagas.comwww.indeed.com.brwww.infojobs.com.brwww.sine.com.br

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

You have your point there , but we should not forget that being a tourist and being a permanent resident in a foreign country are two different things . I traveled myself to different countries but nothing prepared me for this . Since I live here , I got robbed , stabbed in the bus and gun pointed at me during a robbery in the restaurant where I was having lunch  , so now I put safety above all things . I don`t know about you or others but in my opinion don`t think Brazil is a good place to bring your family to live .Not even for a big salary . But everyone should make his own choices .

Hello Claudio,

I will be the very first to admit that Belo Horizonte is a violent city, I know because I lived there for several years.

That said, either you are having an exceptional run of bad luck; or you're doing something all wrong. I've lived here for over 13 years now in Manaus, São Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Porto Seguro, and Macaé. I've also spent time in Vitória and Rio, the Baixada Santista (which you couldn't pay me enough to ever go back to) and I have never even witnessed anything near what you've experienced. I don't live in a protective shell, I'm not confining myself to being indoors as soon as the sun goes down and I've been in some of the seediest areas of each of those cities mentioned without incident. Have you read my posting A Gringo's Survival Guide to Brazil and are you following ALL of the safety tips included in the very first posting on that topic thread??? If you aren't doing all of those things religiously, then that's probably where you're going wrong.

I'm sorry, while Brazil is a very high crime country, it is no more dangerous than being an expat in New York, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam or even my beloved Vancouver provided that you use common sense rules of safety that one should anywhere they travel.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi James , ClaudioD, Henry
thank you all for your valuable inputs.
now I have gained a good amount of confidence to make my move.
yes there will be lot of challenges and i am preparing myself for the best and the worst.

cheers,
VenkateshD