Please help: we need a live-in nanny/house-maid

Thought I would ask help from the experienced bloggers.

We are looking for a English speaking nanny/house-maid to help with running the household and looking after our 2 boys(ages 2 and 4) starting January 2011.
The person must have good references and a valid Iqama.
The person will have her own room and pleasant working environment. We live in a western compound.

PleaThe person can contact me on 0559052417 of e-mail information to: [email protected]

Thanx for you help.
Lezanne

There are lots of women in Riyadh looking for this kind of work.  I can't imagine you will have a problem with this.  If you post the position on the Classified section of this blog and also on wbs-ksa.com you will need to apply your own vetting standards to ensure you find someone who will fit your needs and fall into your family mode.  All the best

Perhaps you should look into posting on some of the larger compound community bulletin boards? 

I know that CAF got her housemaid word-of-mouth from a family that was leaving KSA (it's difficult to find somebody you don't have to sponsor).

Lezannel - Not quite sure how new you are to KSA, but if you live on a Compound, there are housemaids everywhere.  Your difficulty will be finding someone that you trust, especially since you have children.  After a week of moving in, I had at least 10 show up at my door looking for work. 

I interviewed about 5 and hired the one I have now, so she's been with us 8 months +.  She has little education, but tries hard, she's discreet and so far very loyal.  I have heard all kinds of horror stories, so you have to use your own judgement and be wary! 

I keep you in mind if I hear about someone looking for work. 

Best of Luck!

Most compound residents avail the services of daily commuting housemaids who may be dependent wives of workers in the city. Some may not opt for the live in option since they may have their own families to take care of. Ive seen many ads on compound bulletin boards seeking such jobs.

Thanx for all the input bloggers. I find that working on word of mouth is always best. So keep me is mind when you hear of a good, caring nanny looking for work.

Hope you have a great rest-of-the-week!
Lezanne