Guide me : we want to immigrate to ecuador

Hello,iam gp dentist ,my wife pediatrician ,we want to immigrate to ecuador for live and work so if we did :does our certificates need qualifying and how,are there a work contract for us there.
please guide me and provide all the detials.....iam waiting to hear from you ....best regards.

Haytham1968 wrote:

Hello,iam gp dentist ,my wife pediatrician ,we want to immigrate to ecuador for live and work so if we did :does our certificates need qualifying and how,are there a work contract for us there.
please guide me and provide all the detials.....iam waiting to hear from you ....best regards.

Welcome to the Ecuador forum, Haytham of Syria.

Better come for a visit and find out if you can get work here.

Yes, your medical certificate would need to be re-issued, following a successful written test in your specialty given in the Spanish language.

How is your español?

cccmedia in Quito

I do not know the spanish but good in english,we need only written exam in spanish?

and  how much time will take these exam and related procedures?

Haytham1968 wrote:

and  how much time will take these exams and related procedures?

Frankly, Haytham, with your latest queries, you are now entering the world of Ecuadorian visa "inside baseball."

An experienced EC immigration attorney might have some idea about this question.  Sebastian Cordero, Quito, scordero(at)gcabogados.com

cccmedia in Quito

You and your wife can get "professional visa"  without a job offer if your universities is on the list of Ecuador approved schools..Check visa requirements on Ecuador government pages to get an idea. These are requirements for US citizens. I don't know if it is the same for everyone else

There are many Canadian and American expats in Cuenca  so English speaking health professionals might be  in high demand.

Going through a lawyer, if you can afford it, is as mi amigo said  easiest fastest way. Good luck. In sha Allah you can get out of Syria

Hello,iam now working in sultanate of oman.

Do you have all your documents with you? Birth certificates, passport,etc.
You can come on tourist visa for 90 days I think. They don't want refugees so check the list on government visa pages and see if Syria is on the list.
In order to work you will need your university transcripts. They have to be translated  to Spanish (in Ecuador) once you arrive

I have all the documents.

Where did you study, where were you born? EC requires a special international notarization of all documents called "apostille" from place where the documents were issued that they are authentic
It can be done by mail or if you have family or friends in this location who can help you. Can you go back?
Tourist visa is easy. It gives you 90 days and you can extend it . Us citizens can this on arrival
You need to find out if EC will give Syrian citizens tourist visa or if you can just go as tourist without visa
Can you email or call the lawyer he mentioned

So if you are working, then you have some money for an EC immigration lawyer. They will be your best help and source of information

I and my wife studued in syria,we were born in syria too, i beleive according to syrian do not need a visa to travel ecuador,but i want more detials about our work and live in ecuador...thanks in advance.

Hamdoulillha!!! :)

Syria is not on the list and they do have refugee/asylum visa which you might be able to get while you are waiting

The problem with working is that Ecuador does not want to give the job to a foreigner  if Ecuadorian citizens are  available for the job. Doctors, nurses and health care professions there is always a shortage of. I suppose dentists too.

I am sure the pay in Oman is much better than Ecuador but life is inexpensive. Do you have kids?

Two people can live on minimum of $900USD. This is the requirement for US pensioner but it is difficult

Maybe $1200 to $1500 is more comfortable. Furnished apartment starting at $350 if  you are lucky to find it. If you speak English you will find many Canadians and Americans to help you in Cuenca.

Ecuador is a very poor country. It is a much lower standard of living than Oman I am sure. The minimum salary for Ecuadorian is $345 per month. But for sure anything is better than Aleppo

I will write to my friends on this website who are living there. They know a lot more than I do

Thanks,i have 2children under 3 years,iam waiting the detials of your freind.

The majority of English speaking expats don't come to Ecuador to work, but rather to retire.  Therefore,  I doubt you will find here, any answers here regarding what it takes to continue your profession in Ecuador. You need to find an immigration attorney who will respond to your questions by email.  There should be some references on this forum for attorneys, I would think.

My friend CCCmedia who answered your post above  gave you the name of an attorney. It is better  to ask them for help.

Most people  go to Ecuador with retirement visa with their federal pension to support themselves.

My best advice is to come on the 90 day tourist visa with the possibility of extensions and then see what you can do once in you are in Ecuador

Maybe you are better of in Oman where you can work

Hello,thanks for your answers, pleaae send me the email of the attorny...thank you.

Indeed iam disable to thank you for your rapid answers but i want to ask is it difficult to work,and is there difficult to take a licence for work and can i open a private clonic??????....so thank.

Haytham1968 wrote:

please send me the email of the attorny....

That information appears in Report 5 of this thread above.

Were you able to get in touch with the attorney mentioned in post#5.?

Please let us know. There are lots of attorneys if you don't get a prompt response

Ok

Please keep us informed of your progress. Maybe there are other ways we can help you.

Surely

I have sent you a "private message" with more visa information. Click on envelope icon at top of page to respond. Let me know that you have received it