Moving in a month!

Hello all,

I'll be moving to Singapore in a month. Any recommendation where to rent and places to visit.
Regards,

redvelvet

I'm also interested, as I should be moving in about 2 months..

Move into a roomy place close to public transportation and near some restaurants. JW

[moderated: no commercial promotion on the forums; thanks!]

My advice is to arrange temporary accomodation for a month or so at the beginning (e.g. a serviced apartment) and then look around without time pressure. Also, try to avoid the ubiquitous property agent and never believe a word they tell you. It is more time-consuming without them, but you'll find better deals, nicer places and more reasonable landlords without them!
The above commercial posting by a property agent violating forum rules (which has been rightly removed by the moderators) is a typical example of how unethical this profession acts in Singapore.

East coast is a great place to live, slightly expensive but has a great expat community. Additional bonus of living near the sea.

If you are not so into living in the thick of things, look into older condominiums and flats. They have more space inside them.

Thank you very much everyone, great advice beppi. East coast sounds great, thanks georgelsf.

jasmin_s wrote:

I'm also interested, as I should be moving in about 2 months..

got a full facility condo for lease ( contact [email protected])
PAY NO AGENT FEES.Deal directly with owner.

Hi. I have a 2 bedroom available in Sengkang.  It is away from town but only 5mins walking distance from MRT (subway) and shopping centre.  Available for short term renting at S$2,500 per month.  Ik keen, pls contact Mrs Toh at : [email protected] or contact no : +65 9004 1328.  Thank you

Senkang is considered very out of the way by Singapore standards (although 40min to the city might be acceptable for you) and two-bedroom-HDBs (government housing) there cost far less. S$1500/month would be a reasonable rent.
If it were a (private) condo with facilities, S$2500/month would be appropriate - but the above poster would have surely mentioned this.