Stomach ache while eating foods in vietnam

Hi, i will travel to Vietnam very soon, but i heard people said they usually got stomach ache after they had eaten foods from vendors or the restaurants. It might be because of the uncooked foods. I know that vietnam is famous for its raw vegetables but is it true that people usually have stomach ache if they eat raw foods in vietnam ? How can i prevent having stomach ache after eating foods ?

Thank you in advance

Don't worry, you'll be fine.

if you are worried, buy some Gatsrostop pills at any pharmacy after arrival, they fix most bugs.

If you are prone to stomach up sets you will have problems in Vietnam, I have lived here for over 7 years and used to get sick about once a Month, I have steadily built up resistance to the many bugs here, they have a great medication here [natural] called Berberine it works really well ,get the capsuals though, the pills taste really bad. As our friend Fire hazard said "you'll be fine"!.

This is a worry for many travelers, not only those coming to Vietnam. 

My suggestions are:

Eat at places were there are a lot of customers as this is an indication of high turnover of produce.
Drink bottled liquids such as water and bia from the bottle not from a glass.
Peel your own fruits.
Beware of ice.
For delicate stomachs:
Eat well-cooked food.  Pho Bo instead of Bun Cha (which has green uncooked greenery).
Eat some bananas if your digestion is not working as it should.  Works for me cannot guarantee it will work for anyone else.

and have fun  ... the food in Vietnam is amazing...

Eric

eriki.koohatu wrote:

This is a worry for many travelers, not only those coming to Vietnam. 

My suggestions are:

Eat at places were there are a lot of customers as this is an indication of high turnover of produce.
Drink bottled liquids such as water and bia from the bottle not from a glass.
Peel your own fruits.
Beware of ice.

and have fun  ... the food in Vietnam is amazing...

Eric

The busy place is a really good idea as local will know the best through experience, but have another tip that works for me.

Much of the problem isn't the food, but the plates and utensils not being washed properly, so buy the food wrapped in and use your own disposable or travel cutlery.

My suggestion is if you get Ban Xeo or Pho, make sure the restaurant does not use recycled old lettuce and herbs. Some places tend to use leftovers and rinse them from old tables. Make sure your herbs and veggies are new and fresh.

-D