OVER STAYED my 3month tourist visa by 10days

My 3 month tourist Visa is overdue by 10 days .
What are the consequences for this ?
If i catch a bus to cambodia  will i be able to leave and come back in ?
Has anyone had this problem before  and how did it get solved.
Any help would be great cheers

Aus/leb wrote:

My 3 month tourist Visa is overdue by 10 days .
What are the consequences for this ?
If i catch a bus to cambodia  will i be able to leave and come back in ?
Has anyone had this problem before  and how did it get solved.
Any help would be great cheers

3 days late cost me 1 mil about 2 years ago, when they check your visa they will fine you when you try and leave the country.

Here's an OLD Ex pat post.
14 May 2014 21:59:05
tsim
tsim
Ho Chi Minh City
2013-12-09
3 posts
Re: 5 months of overstay - 2 passports - SO MANY QUESTIONS!! ^_^
As my experienced last january ,i was overstayed for 25 days..,and when i tried to go back to singapore..,at airport being fined.
the immigration officer asking for fined 10mills..,but after negotiated,only paid 3mills..,now came back to vn without any problem. :)

I've heard the official figure is supposed to be 600,000 VND a day, about $30 day.     Keep $300 handy , but don't show it.   

Give your best dumb & innocent look and offer less.

If you intend to renew your expired visa, just approach some agent and pay $25 (for 1 or 2 days. In your case you should keep up to $150) for overstay plus the extension fee.
Illegal stay may lead to deportation!!
If you go directly to renew, may be they ask so many questions and more money  :)

Thanks guys, appreciate it :D
How about i catch a flight to hk in the next few days for a number of other reasons, i would like to know if anyone has had this problem  in the past six month.
What is the worst that could happen if i am only holding 2-3million ?

Mate,  they could lock you up until someone pays.
If your deported and its marked on your passport, you may have problems getting into oth3r countries.
Try charmas option first.

You make a good point plus not worth the risk i will try charmas suggestion.
I will do this first thing monday morning.
Thanks for the heads up i will repost once i have it sorted and results are clear.

We cannot predict the then mentality of the officials  :)
One of my acquaintance who is an African guy( discrimination has no limit if your skin is black!!) get into similar situation and approached the immigration office directly. They threatened him to deport unless he pay a high fine than usual. He called me and ask opinion. I suggest the same and it worked.

charmavietnam wrote:

We cannot predict the then mentality of the officials  :)
One of my acquaintance who is an African guy( discrimination has no limit if your skin is black!!) get into similar situation and approached the immigration office directly. They threatened him to deport unless he pay a high fine than usual. He called me and ask opinion. I suggest the same and it worked.

He could pull the race card, or ask Jessie Jackson and al sharpton to intervene.

Aus/leb wrote:

You make a good point plus not worth the risk i will try charmas suggestion.
I will do this first thing monday morning.
Thanks for the heads up i will repost once i have it sorted and results are clear.

What happened to this guy??? Is he out of jail yet, lol.