Renting a car in aguadilla

trying to rent a car at aguadilla airport and leave it in rincon about a  week later.......does anyone know how to do that?  it seems that the airport rentals can only be returned back to the airport....thanx, rick

i have been looking up the same question.......it seems that, if u rent it at the airport............u have to return it as such.............pain in the butt

1. pay for a ride from airport to rincon, call Gio at 551 655 8791, $35 (he's my neighbor and does this).
2. In rincon rent a car from Angelo's, (787) 823-3438.
3. End of week return to Angelo's

how much does angelos cost?

Hi Rick,
I rented a car when I moved here at the airport in San Juan. Dropped it off at Aguadilla. A $50 drop off fee.. but not sure where you are dropping  it off.... you know how expensive renting a car is, don't you?  you might try a non national company... the taxes will kill you..
g

Hi Rick,

From what I know, there isn't a car rental return in Rincon. We did have a car rental company (I think Hertz) bring us a car from Aguadilla airport to our home in Isabela and later take me from the return back home. Rincon is a little farther away so they might not do that but it may be worth checking out.

Good luck!

Hi - there isn't a return in Rincon (just went through this several days ago).  Hertz did not charge a drop fee to drop in Aguadilla.  BTW if a late evening return, you take car to airport and leave keys in box.  Be sure to call next day to make sure they got it!!. :)

Liz

Here's the website for Angelo's: http://angeloscarrental.com/index.html .  The price decreases per day the longer you rent.  It looks like for 7-14 days, their fee is $36 a day, which includes taxes...but not much info on the type of cars available.   Please update us on what you decide to do and how it went:)

http://angeloscarrental.com/pb/wp_9b2fc … fc7c0.html

A Heads Up

Earlier this week, my husband booked a rental car from the main Enterprise website online, and used all of his points to do this. Yesterday, when he went to pick up a car next to the Aquadilla airport, he was told that they could not find his reservation.

He did not keep a copy of the confirmation number. When he stood in the office and scrolled through his online history, he could not find the website he booked the reservation on. but he could see that he still had all of his Enterprise Points.

What happened next was slightly traumatizing.

He was told he could rent a SUV over-night for around $300. "WHAT!!?? CRAZY!", he thought.

He was in a bind. He needed the car to drive to San Juan's airport the next day, today, so although the price was OUTRAGEOUS he charged this amount on his credit card, and came home to Rincon, with a VERY bad taste on his tongue.

When he got home, it was after Enterprise's business hours here. But he spoke over the telephone with a representative of the corporate office of Enterprise in the States. After he told this person what happened,  she said that that "price was excessive". When she asked him for the reference number on the receipt, there was none to be found. He used the transaction ID number on the receipt to help her locate his transaction online, which she finally could read on her end.  She said she would telephone and talk to the manager of Enterprise the next day.

The next day, today, my husband did not wait for her to call the manager of the Enterprise, located next to the Aquadilla airport. When he returned the car at the Enterprise at the San Juan Airport, and the Enterprise assistant asked him how everything went, he said, "I've been robbed." Then he told the assistant what happened. The assistant reimbursed about $270 back into my husband's credit card account.

I share this information here with friends to provide two bits of information. 1. be sure to have a confirmation number of your auto rental reservations, and 2. if you are ever unfairly over-charged, you too can likely be refunded.

Thank you so much for sharing this.  I always print out the exact receipt with confirmation and billing information to bring to the rental office.

I sugest also taking a photo, that way you also have it handy in your phone.