Cost of Living- 5000 SAR + Transport but without accommodation or food

Dear Friends,

I am from Pune, India. I have got an offer from one of the Retail Giants in Gulf for the position of Store Manager. They are offering me 5000 SAR plus transportation. No any other benefits like Accommodation or food have been included in that.

Should I go ahead with this offer or no? How much can I save in a month.?

I am a bachelor and live a simple life. My job location would be either Riyadh or Dammam.

Kindly help me out.

Thanks,
Bhushit

My dear Friend,

Congratulations on the receipt of offer.

I am not sure how many years of experience you hold till date.
You can do research on internet for your self to understand ( log onto numbeo website)

In my opinion the salary you mentioned seems to be very low as current cost of living as grown now.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have 5 years of Retail Experience as a Store Manager(in India). I think I should try my level best to negotiate my salary. I was told by my Company that my salary expectation should not be high as I don't have any Gulf Experience. I had asked for 6000 SAR plus transportation but they were not ready to pay that much.

I will check Numbeo Website as well.

Thanks for your help.

Bhushit

Doesnt matter so much if you hold previous gulf experience.You can learn the fast gulf way of working in probably in 3 to 4 months time but please remember you cant live your rest of your career earning low salary.

Please negotiate well with your employer. 

All the best my best my friend.

Regards

thats too less for a store manager

That's a simple case of exploitation !! Demand more 👍

Bhushit  wrote09 May 2015 11:46:28

"I am from Pune, India. I have got an offer from one of the Retail Giants in Gulf for the position of Store Manager. They are offering me 5000 SAR plus transportation. No any other benefits like Accommodation or food have been included in that.

Should I go ahead with this offer or no? How much can I save in a month.?

I am a bachelor and live a simple life. My job location would be either Riyadh or Dammam."

For First entry at Saudi Arabia , they may not give more, Try to do one year contract. you will understand everything and can get good salary at other company after end of contract. If you don't want to bring your family then you can save SAR 3000 per month even they don't give Accommodation.   Very frankly speaking that it is bad Salary but so many people are ready from India with this salary for the same position.

Your expense sheet

Accomodation if shared maximum 900 riyals/month a single room of your own
Medium can be 450 riyals /month
as ur transportation is free no expense
Your food expense/ per day maximum luxorious lunch and dinner 50 riyals = 1500 riyals.

after having luxorous life you can save upto 2000 SAR if you don't bring your family..

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your help.

At the end, I have decided to go ahead with 6000 SAR + transportation. I know still its not too good but i can survive and save a bit. After all, I have to start from somewhere as i want to grow in International Retail Market.

My job location is Al Salaam Mall, Jeddah. Date of joining is still not decided by the company but most probably it should be 1st July,2015.

Now i want to know more about sharing accommodation. Let me know if you have any idea about the accommodation so that I can contact them and finalize my staying there.

Regards,
Bhushit

I actually think 6000 is quite high for starters ..sadly here salaries are judged by nationality..
But as a single you can live pretty cheaply

Hi, I am from India. Could you please help me with living expenses in Jeddah.

Let us suppose, i want live in one room flat plus medium level food expenses.

One room good apartment will cost you 700-1000 riyals on monthly basis.

Your food requirements at maximum 50 riyals per day(lavish food) means 1500 riyals.

Your transportation will be max 1000 riyals..

Rest u can do shopping or save ur money thats how life is in kingdom

Thanks a lot

Thanks Mr, Khan,

What about if i bring my family there. Wife and one small child. Will cost increases and how much?

Regards

Iftikhar Ahsan

Yaaar seriously and truly speaking it depends on you and your wife!!!! Becoz look apartment cost will eventually increase... Getting a two room apartment and a lounge kitchn waahroom it will cost around 1750 riyals
Thn u have to bear your kid expensee ur wife expenses!!!! Tat would make around 3,000 riyalz including food

Ur transport and all maximum with family what i think 6k to 7k would be normal expense!!!! It includes schooling of ur junior one

I mean overall 6k to 7k per month would be ur expense breakup of which is provided to you

Thanks a lot Khan. Kid is very small and company will bear school expenses as per agreement.

The cost of living is not that much low contrary to conman belief.