Is 3000 Saudi Riyal salary is okay to cover living expenses in KSA?

I am a chemist.  I hold BS degree in chemical technology and I have 4 years work experience. I have got any employment offer through a recruitment agency for a company based in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. They are offering me 3000 Saudi Riyal salary 2 years renewable contract with accommodation and transport.  I need some guidance before I make a decision, so please reply me.
1.    Is 3000 Saudi Riyal salary is okay? Or how much minimum income should I have to cover living expenses in Saudi Arabia? I would like to come in Saudi Arabia with my wife.
2.    If I join their company on their sponsored visa, suppose after 6 months if I get new employment then will I be allowed to move on (resign) or I will be bound till 2 years of visa???
Regards

hi owais
3000SAR is not an enough salary to cover your expenses, in this amount, you can not servive with family
secondally, they will never give you release if you find any other job

Nope, 3k riyal is too low for you... You should demand 5k above....

I have heard that some reputable professions like engineers, doctors, and managers etc. can only invite their family to Saudi Arabia.
I guess the recruitment agent will mention (فني مختبر الكيمياء) i.e.  Laboratory technician chemistry as profession on my Iqama. So, will I be entitled to bring my wife in Saudi Arabia???
If yes, then can I sponsor visa to my wife in first month i.e. before the probation period of 03 months???
Please reply.

You are living in Finland, and you want to come here for 3,000 a month??? :huh:

You have a degree in chemical technology.  Respect yourself and your education by not coming here for 3,000.  That's the salary for secretaries.

Depending on your lifestyle, as a couple, you will be spending about 1,500 to 2,500 per month.  The minimum you should consider moving here for is about 4k with provided housing and transportation, or about 6k without.  Those are the minimums based on living expenses, not based on the market value of your degree and experience, as I have no idea about that.

As for release, if the company is in green category, you will have to serve the full 2 years before you can move to another employer.  After 2 years, they might still not give you release, and send you back on final exit.

I believe you can bring your wife with the job title you mentioned, but I am not sure.  You can not bring her here until you get your iqama (residence card), which can take anywhere from 2 to 4 months after you arrive here.

Are you really living in Finland?  Why would you want to come here?  Even the jobless get more government benefits there than the 3,000 you will get here, from what I know.  What is your citizenship?

owais.truefriend wrote:

I am a chemist.  I hold BS degree in chemical technology and I have 4 years work experience. I have got any employment offer through a recruitment agency for a company based in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. They are offering me 3000 Saudi Riyal salary 2 years renewable contract with accommodation and transport.  I need some guidance before I make a decision, so please reply me.
1.    Is 3000 Saudi Riyal salary is okay? Or how much minimum income should I have to cover living expenses in Saudi Arabia? I would like to come in Saudi Arabia with my wife.
2.    If I join their company on their sponsored visa, suppose after 6 months if I get new employment then will I be allowed to move on (resign) or I will be bound till 2 years of visa???
Regards

I don't have the experience of Trap and the others here but I do have a few questions for you; Have you done your research?  SR 3000 equals $800 or about 590 Euro.   With a chem degree and 4 years experience you can make more than that almost anywhere.  Why would you take this cut to come to KSA?  There seems to be some unknown variables but if you accept that offer your giving yourself away.  Never a good thing.

Good luck,

Rigger

I agree with everyone here, 3K is very low, even with housing and transportation, one thing to bear in mind, when you come to Saudi or gulf area, you come to enhance your life style and save some money for the future, with 3K you are barely surviving with your wife and you will feel low after a very short period.
as for the permit to bring your wife, I believe the technicians can do.
last point, if you get another job offer in less than two years from starting with your first employer, you can't transfer unless you get a final exit and travel outside Saudi,then you can come again on a new visa provided that you left your company with good terms and they give you a non objection certificate as far as I remember( u can check for the non objection certificate as it might be canceled these days, if you stay more than two years, you can change without leaving the country provided that your current employer agrees for the transfer