Help: Job in Riyadh/ Real or Scam?

Hello Friends, I m new here.
I have recently been contacted by a Riyadh based company name Zaharan operation & maintinance, to work with Royal Saudi Air Force as a system engineer (aviation). No doubt I have almost 6 yrs. of solid experience in aviation. I live and work in France and hold French nationality.

Company HR has already sent me a proposition letter (with salary and other benefits...) to sign up so that company can start visa process.
However HR guy asks me to provide a local visa agency contact so that agency could proceed for my visa formalities.

I am in doubt that I only receive calls from HR persons and till date I had no technical interview with anyone. I m not sure if some of you had similar experience about finding jobs in KSA ?

Is it a right way to approach a candidate for a job in KSA?

I would really appreciate any kind of information from users...such as any info about company profile or any unfortunate events etc...

Thanks a lot!!!

This is just soooo normal here in KSA companies...that is why, i guess, there are also many wrong candidates hired...! but assuming your work is critical, and concerns high safety, they should atleast do some technical checks | interviews...but if they did not, you must have provided 'em with a very impressive resume! :D

Hi,
Are you still active in this blog?
I am Belgian, a month ago I accepted an offer from a medical center in Riyadh, they replied that they would start the visa process very soon. I still wait !
I want to know from your experience what are the different steps you did after you accepted the offer? and is your visa already issued?
Thank you very much.
Regards

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. I was quite busy these days. Well now I have a different situation I denied to Riyadh job as I have received a job offer from a UK based bigggggg firm in parallel.
However Riyadh guy re-contacted me with a very attractive salary figures (28K SAR basic + 7k Housing + Car)/month. …Almost double to my UK salary.

Gonna start in UK from mid of august but now I'm really confused. Can't really make up my mind what to do and which offer to accept 

I have heard that in Riyadh, certain companies do not pay your salary regularly and may create issues while your KSA exit... How far it's true?   

However for the VISA, company HR told me being in Europe helps in getting KSA visa (may be 3 to 4 weeks max). I have been advised by Riyadh HR to contact a local visa agent to process my file since I denied the offer so I never started any visa process…

Good luck with your job and keep us informed on any move..

I think you should have given it a chance... What was wrong in proceeding with Riyadh offer!!! '28K plus 7k' if its double then UK offer and also this is Tax free...So Riyadh offer is almost 3 Times UK offer!!!

I have many friends living in UK with Nationality!!! They are always asking for job in KSA! As Tax Free and Fuel Free(Almost free electricity, Gas, and oil)...

I will suggest to hold on UK offer and take visit visa for KSA and come here for few days!!! Sit with the guys, see them, meet technical people of your field and then decided!!! While parking UK job for a while...

AAMIR