Security manager role in PNG

Hi! I am from the Philippines,  I got an offer from one of employer in PNG as security manager in one of the retail store in port morsby, the offer is k 40-45,000 salary gross per year plus accommodation paid for and 1 meal included per day. Can i ask if is good enough to accept the offer?
Your answer and suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks you very much.

janed630*** wrote:

Hi! I am from the Philippines,  I got an offer from one of employer in PNG as security manager in one of the retail store in port morsby, the offer is k 40-45,000 salary gross per year plus accommodation paid for and 1 meal included per day. Can i ask if is good enough to accept the offer?
Your answer and suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks you very much.

Please read through the posts in the forum categories list on the right hand side of this page for information.
Tax will be around 30% or more. You would end up with less than US$1000 a month take home pay.

Thank you stumpy, by the way is this enough to accept the offer?
Thank you.

janed630*** wrote:

Thank you stumpy, by the way is this enough to accept the offer?
Thank you.

That decision is you but taking home less than $1000 a month and then having to pay for other meals etc it is not good at all.

Also do you get free medical insurance cover.
Does company pay for electricity, power, water etc at the accommodation.
Do you get annual flights home.

this is an extremely low salary for png

Hi,

That salary is very low compared to the salaries of security managers I know. With the line of work you will be doing, it is not worth it. The salary they are giving you is much like a local salary :)