Looking for Amateur Radio community in Guangzhou ?

Then probably this thread will catch your eyes. If you are a licensed Ham Radio operator, and no matter which country you are from, if you are interested in knowing more local hams, (sometimes hams from other areas will also join), feel free to contact me. I am a Chinese from Hong Kong but will spend a lot of my time in Guangzhou.

One of your concerns might be the language barrier. There are hams that speak English, on top of Chinese, and in my case, some Japanese, some Malay, some Javanese and some Korean. There will also be Hams from other areas or countries joining our eye-ball qso's. So you will find someone who can communicate with you! 

73 de KF5IEK

My email :

vr2una(at)gmail(dotcom)

Well, I used to be a RND engineer for Mot 2-way radio, and I was "unofficially" a HAM radio member back in Malaysia. It is "unofficially" because I never bother to get myself a HAM license :)
Anyway, if you want to talk about 2-way radio, count me in.
[email protected]

vincent_t wrote:

Well, I used to be a RND engineer for Mot 2-way radio, and I was "unofficially" a HAM radio member back in Malaysia. It is "unofficially" because I never bother to get myself a HAM license :)
Anyway, if you want to talk about 2-way radio, count me in.
[email protected]

Hi, Vincent ! Selamet Dateng ke Tiongkok !

You are more than welcome if you have time to join our tea gathering among Hams. But I see that you are in Suzhou ?! NOt Guangzhou ?

Hi KF5IEK
toh xeh!! Glad to be here in China.
Yeah, unfortunately I am stationed in Suzhou at the moment, and I am no longer doing 2-way radio.

BTW, just curious, is there any repeater network set up in Guangzhou?

Definitely will meet u guys up if I drop by Guangzhou or Hong Kong :)

Hi Vincent ! Yes of course there are repeaters in Guangzhou. Ada yang banyak. Even a D-Star one.

Yes let me know when you come to Guangzhou or Hong Kong. Guangzhou will be more convenient for me nowadays. There is a place where local hams gather on Friday nights.

Which part were you involved in when you were in Radio design ? Circuitry ? Casing ? I am just curious.

Wow, D-Star! Cool!! So you guys use Icon and Kenwood mostly then, right?
Ever play with Mototrbo model before? Stuff like XiR P82XX series?

I involved slightly in RF circuitry design, my major role was product compliance management. I dealt with governmental institute like OFTA in Hong Kong, SRRC in China for product type approval. In layman words, if you flip your radio and take out the battery, you should be able to see a GB mark or stuff like that. That's basically what I did, I make sure the radio is good enough to get those marking. 

Anyway, any Ham members in Guangzhou working in 2-way radio industry?

Any Radio Amateur from any country ?

Need to write something here from time to time just in case I might miss any hams.

I am trying to re-establish contact with BA7JA who I met in Guangzhou a number of years ago. Could you please ask him to contact me via email

Tony VK2IC

Tony VK2IC wrote:

I am trying to re-establish contact with BA7JA who I met in Guangzhou a number of years ago. Could you please ask him to contact me via email

Tony VK2IC

I believe you have received the email from me.

Hello,

I am William, callsign PE1RAH, from The Netherlands.
Actually I am not an expat, but what me links to Guangzhou is my Chinese wife.

I been quit some times in China for family visits and holidays, and even once at the ham expo in Shanghai with a small booth.

In about 4 weeks we will visit Guangzhou again, and maybe it would be interresting to meet ham minded people up there.
On my google search I found this message on the expat forum and would like to send my reply :o)

My interrest is in amateur satellites, and can even show hardware experience with the Indian HAMSAT satellite (VO-52) :o)
Maybe also interrested for Chinese hams...

73 de PE1RAH
William Leijenaar

pe1rah wrote:

Hello,

I am William, callsign PE1RAH, from The Netherlands.
Actually I am not an expat, but what me links to Guangzhou is my Chinese wife.

I been quit some times in China for family visits and holidays, and even once at the ham expo in Shanghai with a small booth.

In about 4 weeks we will visit Guangzhou again, and maybe it would be interresting to meet ham minded people up there.
On my google search I found this message on the expat forum and would like to send my reply :o)

My interrest is in amateur satellites, and can even show hardware experience with the Indian HAMSAT satellite (VO-52) :o)
Maybe also interrested for Chinese hams...

73 de PE1RAH
William Leijenaar

Please let me know when you have fixed your schedule. And any radio amateur who sees this message is welcome to join.

I am WA5RER  from Okalhoma USA and I live in Guangzhou part of the year..  Would love to connect with other Hams,  Dale