Hello!

Hi all

Recently moved here for less than a week and trying to adjust to the customs and whatnots. Discovered this website by chance and hope it will bring me new opportunities; be it for work or social circle.

What's new around here? :-).

Hi Sherina, welcome to Expat.com and Dubai!
What brougth you here?

I have been in Dubai about one month and moved on to Ras al Khaimah!

Maybe we'll meet some time in one of Expat.coms meet ups?

Cheers
Arlette

PS : I move your topic to the Dubai forum for a better visibility :)

Hello Arlette, how are you?

The husband got transferred to the Middle East office, so I figured why not tag along? While he comfortably blends in in the office and all, am running errands like searching for apartments and job opportunities.

What's in Ras al Khaimah? Did you not like Dubai? I would love to meet up when the time comes.

And thank you for the move, am still figuring out how this blog works! xxx

Hi Christina! Great to hear from you and thank you for the warm welcome.

Why is everyone in Ras al Khaimah? Is there something am missing out on? :-). I shifted to the desert to accompany the husband and perhaps seeking greener pastures myself, albeit the lack of trees (hurhur lame joke).

And yes, I would certainly do love to meet up and mingle. Hope to hear from you soon! xxx

Hi sher1na,
Well in fact my husband is working in UAE since 2 years, while I was in Mauritius where our daughter was studying :) and now we followed. But hubbie has sent all the technical equipment of the company to Ras al Khaimah and thus to avoid him commuting from Dubai to RAK, we decided to move over there. I quite like it here... have a nice 3-br house with garden. RAK is like Dubai 35 years ago, although it is also modernizing now but happily not in the fast pace as Dubai!
If you have any question on the forum don't hesitate to ask! We're here to help!
Did you have a look at Dubai Classifieds? Scroll down the page there and you'll find the various subsections such as "Accommodation" and "Jobs".
Hope this helps!
Cheers
Arlette

PS: by the way, Christina is my daughter :lol::lol::lol:!

Ahhh it is the dynamic duo of mother and daughter in action! I laughed myself silly at your last sentence. Well then, that explains why everyone is in Ras al Khaimah :-).

RAK sounds dreamy, without the hustle and bustle. And I think having a garden or plants at home is a must to keep the "zen" environment. My husband prefers to get a unit in Jumeirah Beach Residence and I love the fact that there are hair salons, cafes/restaurants, pharmacies nearby. So hope all goes well and we move in soon!

Tomorrow is the day I attempt driving in Dubai and the thought of that makes me nervous. I hope I don't get lost so if you don't hear me the next few days, send a search-rescue team!

Thank you so much for making me feel welcomed Arlette, it really helps being in a foreign land :-) xxx

:lol::lol:
Have fun tomorrow in Dubai's traffic!!!
Cheers
Arlette

hi,
how r u ? nice to meet you lets start and develop the new relations

keep in touch take care

bye

hi im in ths same boat so welcome and keep in touch:)

Hello jack69

Sorry for the late reply, haven't been checking this website lately. Hope all is well and a warm welcome to you too! Have fun and do take care.

Hi there keith_sanders097!
How are you? Am barely surviving summer lately but not as bad as it sounds.

Yes, I would very much like to keep in touch. Hope to hear from you soon!

hey sherina welcome on expat and in UAE .am new as well

sorry for the late reply

enjoy the life there

^_^

x
belle moe