Working visa in brasil

Heloo,
My name is manish and i am from India , i want to  move to brazil  for rest of my life i need some guidelines from you .
i have a girl she wants to marry me this year and she lives in campinas and i also have few friends in fortaleza , they told me,  you come on tourist visa and you stay here in our house and we will help you to search a job for you and once you get any job your visa duration can be expanded.
so what you suggest should i take a risk like that.
i can also read and write and speak brasilain portoguese moderately and at present i am taking classes for it.
i hope to hear from you soon.

First of all tourists from both India and Pakistan (on their first visa application) rarely obtain a VITUR Tourist Visa that is valid for 5 years and permits a maximum stay of 180 days per year. Most often they are issued a "one time only" visa that allows a visit of anywhere from one week to 30 days, at which time the visa is void. So it's going to be difficult. Also, you are NOT permitted to work or study in Brazil on a VITUR Tourist Visa

While you CAN look for a job and you can also apply for a VITEM-V Work Visa (through the Ministry of Labor) if you find a job, you MUST return to your homeland (India) to receive the visa there. Brazilian bureaucracy requires that ONLY the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in you country of origin can issue the visa and put it in your passport.

With a short-stay visa of any kind (one that wouldn't allow at least 90 days in Brazil - better if 180) it is very unlikely you would even be able to get through the marriage process in that time and be able to apply for a VIPER Permanent Visa either.

Cheers,
James

Just curious, would it work for his girlfriend to go to India and get married there and then both return to Brazil?  Would he have an easier time?  I know it probably would not help in Canada!

Yes, that would probably be the best option. It is much easier for a Brazilian to enter India and marry there than the other way around.

Just a note, if you do end up getting married in India the marriaged MUST be registered with the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in Mumbai or New Delhi (whichever has jurisdiction over your city), and ONLY the Brazilian citizen spouse can register it, so she would need to do that before leaving India. It must be done in person.

Once the marriage is registered then you apply at the same Consulado for a VIPER Permanent Visa based on family reunion. It will take a few months, and you won't be able to enter Brazil until the visa is issued, but it's going to be a lot easier than trying to come here and get married.

Thanks for that morell.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team