Looking for part-time translators

hi,

i am currently doing business in ho chi minh city and would like to employ a part time translator. i usually travel to hcmc twice a  month and would expect the translator to be available for the 2 or 3 days that i will be there. anyone who's interested, please send me your resume with your expected salary. thanks!

Hi chrysalid! You should post your ad in the Ho Chi Minh City classifieds > job section.

Thank you and good luck.
Christine

I'm sure you can find translators for much cheaper than MargaretLuu. $30 an hour is way out of line for most any translation work. I would think $6 to $8 an hour is even on the high side. Are you looking for someone with a specific knowledge of your field? Will that translator be visiting work sites with you? Do they need a high degree of business English and negotiation skills? Is there a high degree of confidentiality to the job? Will conversational English skills be sufficient? The more you tell us about your needs the better we can help you. I am in contact with many advanced English speakers that may like this as a part-time work. Some have lived in America and others worked in foreign national companies. All are very dependable people. Tell us more of what you need and I'm sure we can help. It helps you and person I introduce. And I don't do this for any fees. It helps you as a forum member and also my friends if the fit is right.

Hi there,
My best friend is working for an Aus construction company in HCMC, and her English is quite good. She is nice, friendly and helpful. She has over 5 year experience in translation and is looking for a part-time job (after working hours or in the weekend). The fee is 10 USD per hrs. If you think your timetable is suitable for her, please notify and i shall tell her to send you her CV. Hope this will help.

hi everyone,

thank you for the feedback.

mike, thank you for your invaluable insight. basically, i'm running a business in hcmc. i travel to hcmc every month to audit the accounts of the business and conduct marketing initiatives to improve my business. knowledge of my business is not necessary as i will just need to translate invoices for auditing purposes so that i can understand the expense of the company and communication with staff to set up a running system.

other than the auditing part, i will be looking into advertising and marketing and would probably need some advice on which newspapers or magazines are effective. this knowledge however is not a must-have for me.

i will usually start my day about 10 or 11a.m and end by 5p.m. payment will be on a per hour basis.

please message me if anyone is interested. thanks so much!

Hi,
Otherwise, you may wish to outsource your sales & marketing to [moderated: no free ads]

Dear,

My name is Helen, I would like to ask if can I send you my resume through your personal email? I want to apply for this position. I am working for a Singapore company and my position is Marketing executive. Please contact me if you still looking for a qualified translator. My email is [email protected].

Dear,

My name is Scarlett, I just joining this forum right now & I'm really interested in your topic but i'm afraid that it seems to
be late. I'm glad to help u with the reasonable fee (just 7 USD/
hour), I think this also is good chance to improve my translating
skill.
I'm a Director Secretary in a Japanese company but my communicative language is English.

I hope I have a  oppportunity to cooperate with you. My email address is [email protected]

Sincerely,
Scarlett.

Hello to all members in this discussion,
May I remind you that the forums are not really the place to post job offers or to look for jobs?
The Classifieds Ho Chi Min City -> jobs section should be used for it instead.
Thanking you for your understanding!
Arlette

Dear Chrysalid,

Can you give me your email address for easy contact?

Thanks

Dear Chrysalid,
My email address: [email protected]
If you need any translation, please contact me.
Best regards,

chrysalid wrote:

hi,

i am currently doing business in ho chi minh city and would like to employ a part time translator. i usually travel to hcmc twice a  month and would expect the translator to be available for the 2 or 3 days that i will be there. anyone who's interested, please send me your resume with your expected salary. thanks!

------------

Dear Chrysalid,

Is this position available?
I would like to quote the price at $6/hour and strongly believe that you will suprise with high quality translation and high integrity level from me as I somehow guess the story behind your vacancy request. I will send you my CV through email address, coud you send me the email to [email protected], so I can reply you quickly.
Thanks and waiting for your answer.
Carang

chrysalid wrote:

hi,

Hi, I am currently a student at Mcgill university. My summer break will start at the beginning of May. If you have not been able to find a translator yet. I would glad to send you my CV.
Best,

pls take a look at my resume and don't hesitate to contact me then, seriously !:)

CURRICULUM VITAE       

Contact information :
    Name : Vi Ai
    Ad : 1SE  Tater Peeler  Road, Lebanon , Texas
    Tel  :  I lost mine , can I have yours ?
    Email :  don't_like_hotmale @hotmail.com

Personal Information :
    Date of birth : April 10th, 1986
    Sex :   occasionally
    Marial status : unmarried bachelor girl.
    Children : various

Objective :
My dream job would be the next American Idol or the next President of Egypt. Since I probably won't do either of those jobs, I'll settle on being a qualified vietnamese teacher or a translator .

Work experience :
Let's meet, so you can swoon over my experience

Education & Qualification :
Twin sister has got a PhD in human feelings

Professional skills :
   Language : Vietglish & spinach
   Computer :researching into the texas hold'em porker strategy 
   Communication : enjoy making fun of  monkeys in my team.

Achievements & Hobbies :
Stealing someone's boyfriend for a weekend at the zoo.

best regards
@ Vi Ai

btw i forgot ...
my expected hourly salary is a competitive one :)

Somebody needs to hire Vi Ai, she sounds like she has a whole bunch of talent.

Hi Vi ai!

If you are looking for a job i would rather suggest you to post an advert in the jobs section of Ho Chi Minh City  classifieds.

Regards
Armand

Dear,

My name is Jason Nguyen, 28 years old, living in Ho Chi Minh city. I've got the University degree of Business Administration, the certificate of TOEIC 800, and 6 years woeking experience with foreign company as translator/Business assistant. I am confident that I can qualify for the position you are looking for so I would like to apply for the job. About the fee, I'd like to suggest 7USD/hour.

If you think I am the right person you are looking for, I can be reach at 0084 987 283 000 or email [email protected] .
Thank you for your consideration and hope to have an opportunity to work with you.

best regard.

Jason Nguyen

I agree with Budman, I'm tempted to employ her myself :-)

Admins can we close\lock this thread please, the op was August last year. I'm sure they are sorted now! Given they made two posts and none since.

[Moderated: please post in classifieds]

[Moderated: please post in classifieds]

Hi
My name Cao Mỹ Dung
I want to break the ice with you
My email: [email protected]