Life in Guangzhou

Hello everyone. I moved to Guangzhou back in April for a couple of months, but am now going to be living and working here. I am interested in learning about different things to do around here and places to go when you have a few days off. I would love to meet other people living here.

jaffal wrote:

Hello liz. Im also new here im been her for 10 days only, but im already looking and exploring around, if I found interesting things to do here i will let you know :),
but what your mostly interested in?

hey. I love just about anything. I love to just explore around. What are your interests? I will be on holiday for the next ten days but after that will be around. Send me a message and maybe we can go explore.

Lizwright,  I too am relatively new to the area.  I went to school in N. Florida, my wife was a special edu. teacher, and I enjoy Mother Nature, good healthy eating, sports, amateur photography (but lots of it) and just seeing new places.  I am in Zhujian New Town.  I am basically on holidays until Nov. 15th at which time I return to the States for a couple weeks.  Then I am in GZ from December until my project is finished, which could take anywhere from a year to three.  Feel free ....

Where did you go to school? I am from Central Florida area and went to school for a year at Flagler and finished at UCF. I was a special ed. teacher in the states also. I walk around in your area of Zhujian New Town all the time. Its a nice area. Let me know if you want to go explore. Like you, I love to be outside. Have a great day

hi,I am Michelle, who is a native person in Guangzhou, I would love to make friends with you. I am extroverted, easygoing. And I am a nurse in a public hospital which is located in Haizhu district. I am sure you would like to make friends with me either, coz I could give you helps or assistance  in case  of you encounter a series  trouble in china such as language barrier  , customary conflict,unfamiliar local  circumstance … etc.Addition to that ,I can teach you some especial Cantonese or Mandarian, how to buy the cheapest and useful things on
Chinese wedsite,I can act as  your tour guide in  Pearl Delta District  SouthChina if you like.

Looks like I am the newest GZ dweller on this board. Anybody looking for some fun (going out, drinks, whatever) let me know. I have been in GZ for 5 days now and I know ABSOLUTELY nothing about GZ :)

Edit: Fixed some grammar ;)

I always forget to get back on here and check to see if anyone has written. I would love to meet up for drinks or exploring. Michelle, I could definitely use a few useful phrases in Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) as my vocabulary is very limited. Toranaga, have you found anything fun to do in Guangzhou in your time here? Let me know if you want to meet up for drinks, sounds like fun to me!!

Hey everyone,

My wife and I ware moving to GZ in august, and coming from 5/25 - 5/30 to check out the area...staying in zhujiang new town and looking at flats around there and Tianhe areas.  Anyone interested in a few drinks or dinner one night?  Would love to meet some people and hear a little about life there...

Let us know...

Jon and Roberta