Safari Cost

Friends,
If anyone has been to the masai mara or the nairobi national park, would request your feedback on the...

1.) experience

2.) cost

3.) any reference of any  safari organisers.

Hello RajeevNairobi,
Maybe those to parks, being well known, have a website where you could find this information?
Cheers
Arlette

Hi Rajeev,

It's best if you have your own vehicle (especially a 4WD although a sedan will do in the Nairobi National Park). Self arranged trips are much better.

The Masai Mara is best this time of the year (annual wilderbeest migration) although hotel prices are at their peak. Book through an agent in advance or carry your tent. Typical lodge prices are approx 8 - 12K pppd Full Board. Besides this you need to pay park entry charges for yourself and the car.

The Nairobi NP can be done over the weekend - get there by 6:30 am and drive around for a few hours. But nothing compares to the Mara.

Which part of Mumbai are you from? Enjoy Kenya and contact me if you need more information.

Cheers!

HI Rajeev,

having worked in tourism for over 10 years i would be more than willing to help you. Yes you may get a safari for 12k, but again that may not suit you per se. Safaris should be organized on your budget, not the other way around..
let me know if your interested, as im organizing several safaris this month. your also free to choose other providers. I can suggest you some names if you wish

I just came back from the mara this weekend.. Amazing..

Kenya is a very expensive country !!
Park fees + lodges + poor road = expensive.

@Kenyandesi - would love to get some of your offers from time to time, please add me to your mailing list if you have. Thx

@Kenyadesi: 8-12K is per person per day. Most lodges peak tariffs fit comfortably within that budget. Current rate at Serena is 18K full board for double occupancy. Transport and park fees are of course outside of that. Please add me to your mailing list as well. I'm a keen safari fan :-)

greetings all..
will do that..
currently we are enjoying peak season in the tourism sector and everything is pretty robust, hence the slightly higher prices.
but like i said we work on your budget, so anytime you feel the need to travel do let me know.
we even have one day safaris, fishing, hiking, animal patrols so feel free to contact me at anytime