English speaking jobs in Stuttgart

Good morning :)

My partner and I have decided to move in together so I will be moving to Stuttgart from Malta in September / October however finding a job that does not require German speakers is harder than I thought.  I currently work in the Tourism Industry as a Hotel Manager and would like to continue my career in this industry (not necessarily in a Hotel). My strengths are leadership, communication, sales and customer care.

Can anyone help in guiding me in the right direction.  I've only recently started to study German so it will definately have to be a job that accepts English only speaking employees

Thanks and have a lovely day!
Dee

It's going to be hard, as without German language skills any customer-facing roles are probably impossible. You probably know better than me what non-customer-facing roles there are in the tourism or related industries, so focus on them. And work hard on your German, so that maybe after 2 - 3 years you can deal with customers again.

Hi Beppi,

Yeah that's the drawback i'm facing at the moment but I know of a few English speaking call centres in Germany but finding it hard to find one in Stuttgart.  I worked in HSBC call centre for 5 years so guess that might help.  I'm willing to do anything really so if you hear or know of anything let me know! :)  Will keep looking

Thanks
Dee

I doubt that there are many English speaking call centres here, because other places have more native speakers AND are far cheaper.
If you are really willing to do anything, there are cleaning or child minding jobs - badly paid (max. 10/hour), but at least you have something to do.

Sounds very difficult! There are language schools that look for native speakers but one usually ends up with limited hours and not a lot of money. Native speakers might also find part time work tutoring or proofreading or correcting - again, a hard way to actually make a living. There are often notices on the pin-boards at the University of people looking for, or offering, such services. The University is situated on 2 seperate campuses, one in the center of Stuttgart, the other south of the center in Vaihingen. I have heard (but not verified) that at least some departments of the big HP facility in Sindelfingen (20 Km south of Stuttgart) use English as their working language as may some other international firms but these are really the exception to the rule. In the tourism and communication industries, being a native English speaker is a plus but not much without also speaking German since you will have competition from others that do have this skill or are not native English speakers but have good English and know a few other languages in addition

Thanks for all the information Tomin.  I currently work for an English Language school but not as a teacher so that's out of the question.  I haven't given up just yet so the search will continue.  If it's meant to be,  it will be :)

Hi Beppi, i was reading comments under this post..Sorry for the interruption but i would like to ask where we can get a job like that here in  Karlsruhe :).I also want to have something to do, while waiting for my german class to start... Thank's in advance and looking forward to hear you soon.

Check local classifieds or notice boards at supermarkets.