Malta

does anyone here knows how my fiance can bring me to malta?when i ask the visa officer told me that i should apply for spanish embassy?or my fiance who is maltese shoul be the one do dat?pls help us...tnx in advance

Hi,

You asked the same question some time ago.

Visa issues can be difficult and depend on individual circumstances.Which visa officer did you talk to and what did you request ?

Generally speaking , Malta is a member of the EU Schengen zone .There is no visa waiver agreement with the Philippines so you will have to apply in person at the Embassy or Consulate of Malta in the Philippines to request a short term (C ) or long term visa (D)and provide the requested documents  before travelling to Malta.

Your fiance cannot apply for you or get you to Malta. But he can write you a cover letter and sponsor you for the duration of your visit to Malta.

The Maltese Embassy in the Philippines will give you further information on the procedure.Check out their address and phone online.I don't see what Spain has to do with it unless you intend to stay in Spain and just visit Malta.Then you would apply through the Spanish Embassy in the Philippines.

I hope I could help you a bit.You will have to do the application work yourself but your Maltese fiance can help you with a good cover letter and financial guarantees for you.

Regards

Ricky

hi ricky...i know i was bothering u too much...but about the topic..i went to the spanish embassy and its surpriseme...they ask for 30,000 euro for my travel health insurance.and my bf who is maltese cannot afford dat amount.so wat shall we do now? were both stress out by this...i love my bf somuch. but i know its a big amount of money...and he told me dat he cannot afford dat.,do u have any other options in mind? pls tell us...and help us also  pls...tnx in advance

Hi,

Please tell me why you are dealing with the Spanish Embassy if you want to visit Malta?

The travel insurance has to cover you for at least 30.000 € plus an emergency return flight.These travel insurances are kind of standard for your own safety. They do not cost 30.000 € . You will have to contact an insurance company .

Regards

Ricky

wen i got my passport the visa officer in malta told me dat if i get passport and send them the 32 copies of they will told the next step that is i should apply tru spanish embassy. i dont really know y i should apply for these embssy .i know malta has their own embassy and console.i just followed wat the visa officer told..which i think is right.but its much worst when i read the requirements in spanish embassy...it makes me feel dat i lose hope becoz of this.dats y im asking for help...

Hi again,

To apply for an EU Schengen visa if you are visiting several countries you apply at the Embassy of the country that will be your main destination . In your case that is definitly Malta. If you are visiting several countries but have no main destination you apply at the Embassy of the country of your entry in the Schengen area.

Which visa officer in Malta told you to apply through the Spanish Embassy?

The requirements will be the same as both Malta and Spain are members of the Schengen area and with a Schengen visa you can travel through all the Schengen countries.

They include amongst others :

- Invitation letter from friend/sponsor
- Proof of financial resources
- Round-trip travel reservation confirmation ( do not book    before you have the visa)

Regards

Ricky

this is were i send my passport.
"VISA at MFA"
AND here is the name of visa officer who told me to apply to spanish embassy Etienne Cordina
Visa Officer

Hi,

ok, that is the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs here in Malta.

I would suggest you go to the Maltese Embassy in the Phillipines as you have to apply there in person anyway.

If Malta does not have an Embassy in the Philipines then you would apply for your visa at the country of your entry into the EU Schengen area. That might be Spain. So check out if Malta has it's own Embassy.

Maybe the officer was thinking that you are on a round trip and entering the EU through Spain.

Ricky

i think so..u know wat ricky ur such a big help for me and simon.wen im there i will ask simon to meet u...just to thank u personally...i want to have more friends wen im there...anyway have u been here in philippines?

Your private message box is full.

So you need to delete if you want to receive more.

Ricky

i deleted already.i just left all ur msg

ask..if im going to malta which is better to be insured here in my country or my boyfriend who is maltese get my insurance there?

Hi,

Both options are possible. The insurance must include all the terms and conditions necessary for the visa application.

There might be a list of acceptable insurance companies from the embassy.

THe insurance must have an office in the Schengen zone and cover all the risks quoted for your travel period.

You will have to present the insurance policy/ coverage letter when you apply for the visa.

Ricky

thanks a lot ricky...ur such a big help....take care ok