Would like to move to Ireland

Would like to move to Ireland by next year.  Looking for suggestions.  I am an early retiree so I don't need a job, just a nice place to live and beautiful scenery.  I have been there and found it wonderful. Loved the people and I traveled to quite a few places while I was there.  I am from Irish decent, my grandfather always put the idea in my head to go back to our roots.  So any info on where to start would be very helpful.

Where in Ireland are you looking to move to? In October I'm moving to a village outside of Cork, for 7 months - house sitting.
I just read a book I found at Amazon (used for I think about $.50) called "Live Well In Ireland", by Steenie Harvey. Should be very informative for you.

I am not sure where I would like to live.  I have been there and there are parts that I like better than others.  I think it's pretty cool that you can house sit.  I didn't even think about doing something like that.  Are you house sitting for someone you know or did you just happen to stumble onto it.  I will look for that book and I do appreciate your help on it.  I think I might like to be here and there for part of the year. Good luck with your venture and if you think about it let me know how you like it.

I don't know the people I'm sitting for. I went to housecarers.com and found them. When I found it, about 4 months ago there were about 20 listings. Now there is 1. I guess I found it at the right time. Good luck, and keep in touch.

I found the site and I applied, at this time I have not paid the $45, it states you can still get responses I guess I want to know did you pay the fee or just go with the freebie.  Thaks for any help you offer and again good luck with your stay and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Jan

Hi Jan!
We're living in Ireland and looking to move back to SA.  If you're looking for a traditional Irish cottage to buy, let me know.  Maybe we can talk ... :)