Australian PR needs help in job seeking

Hi, I'm a Malaysian, and just became an Australian PR. I am seeking employment in Melbourne/ Sydney. Currently, I own a corporate training company, where I provide leadership seminars to executives. I am wondering how to successfully secure a job in Australia. Any tips? I have applied to some jobs through Seek.com and LinkedIn, and am waiting for replies. Just wondering how I can enhance my chances of getting a job.
Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi sharm79,

Maybe you could try posting an advert in the Australia jobs section.
It might help.

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

Thanks Armand, I'll do that.

Sharm

Hi sharm,
it may be worth getting a full list of corporate training companies. Try yellow pages online or allclassified.com. this will give you an idea of companies available. Then send them cvs. Its also worth conracting job agents. Most of them are free and again subscribe to many websites as possible. Also build a relationship with the malaysian community who could also help you.
Nesh

Thanks Nesh, I'll do that.
I was wondering, though, would having an Australian address help in the job application?
Thanks

Yes Sharm, having an Aussie address and a phone number would help. Even i applied for jobs two weeks before migrating using a friends details and i later stayed with them.

Thanks Nesh, I will start working on that. Nesh, can I ask you more about your job hunting before migration? Was it easy? Anything I would need to know? I have an MBA and a Bachelors Degree in IT, with 10 years of working experience in corporate training. How can I approach this job seeking better? Did you apply through Seek?
Thanks Nesh!

sharm79 wrote:

Hi, I'm a Malaysian, and just became an Australian PR. I am seeking employment in Melbourne/ Sydney. Currently, I own a corporate training company, where I provide leadership seminars to executives. I am wondering how to successfully secure a job in Australia. Any tips? I have applied to some jobs through Seek.com and LinkedIn, and am waiting for replies. Just wondering how I can enhance my chances of getting a job.
Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi there,
We provide executive management services and job hunting assistance to professionals in a variety of sectors. Visit us on newhrconsulting dot com and browse through our services for individuals.

Regards,
Natasha