I would like to know more about employment in Media Agencies ?

I am from India.. and in search of employment in Sao Paulo..in the Media field..i have a good command over french and Portuguese as well.. and also guide me about the working conditions as well as the surroundings

It would be helpful to know exactly where (city) in Brazil you would be thinking of working.

Just remember that it is difficult for expats to find work in Brazil since the laws here require that employers demonstrate clearly that they've exhausted all efforts to place qualified Brazilians in job vacancies before they hire foreigners to fill them.

By "media" are you talking about television and radio broadcasting, print media or are you talking about marketing? They are all quite different. This would be information that is necessary in order to point you in the right direction.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Thank you William James for all your insight and advise.

Hi I also work in media ( Audio engineering on many tv shows)
and would be planning to be in Rio or São Paulo with permanant residency

What would you recommend , I know most countries have laws in place to prove that no local could fill the position
Is it very strict. I speak intermediate Portuguese at present , but which is coming along nicely.
Thanks

Steve

Hello Steve,

Yes, here it is very strictly adhered to. The Ministério de Trabalho e Empregos (MTE) makes certain that companys can't "fudge" it and get around the laws. That said, if you are qualified and have work experience you still stand a good chance of finding employment in your field here in Brazil.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team