Awesome new Day in the Life Happy topic...

This past Saturday, I noticed one of the local groundskeepers up on the top of the Coconut tree (hanging only by a strap) as he climbed the tree himself and we're talking at least 60 feet to my best estimate... Part of his job is to remove the ripened Coconuts before they fall on the heads of vacationers!!!   I got great photos and the next day noted at the beach, an owner who is very friendly and had asked this same man, named "Say-yoh" (spelling it how it is pronounced) to bring out to those present both the meat and water filled coconuts.  I declined at the time but had a sip.... Was kind of sad though that my photos of him cutting them up didn't come out, Although I found the taste, even in ice, quite sugarry, thought that will make a great rum drink....

Lo and behold, not fifteen minutes ago, Say-yoh appeared at my back door (he has delivered water to me numerous times), machete in hand with a Coconut he had just chopped (I believe he was telling me the lady from the beach sent him but I don't know)...I asked him to let me take a photo and then he proceeded to cut off the top... I invited him in and my paper cups filled two full cups worth of the Coconut water... He then was able to express that he wanted to cut out the meat and I found a great piece of tupperware... now I have that refrigerated to mix with other fruit....

I added ice to a cup for him and I hoped he understood that I simply wanted to share as he is constantly in long pants working all day.. So I got my photo of him up close to add with all the ones of him at the top of that tree.  Loving these local people so much.   I also tipped him ($2.50 only) which may have been inappropriate but his explanations and friendliness are exactly part of the cultural experience I so badly wanted. 

Just a Day in my life....

Awesome honey It's these little things I so love here. Tipping him - no worries when we do this some of the time!!!!

And be careful eating too much coconut meat at a time, it can go.right through... :D:D:D

Yep a very good natural laxative.

Bob K