Job offer in bahrain

hi everyone
i have a job offer from bahrain . i am from india and i am an optometrist . dey r paying me 250 bd + accomodation + transport. and der is a exam frm d govt for all medical people frm other countries and if i clear dat exam den dey will increase my salary abt 25 bd more + commision depending on the work. plz suggest is dis offer is worth of going der??

Hi nanhi9

The average salary for an Optometrist in India is Rs 203,826 per year. For the first five to ten years in this position, salary increases somewhat, but any additional experience does not have a big effect on pay.At the present conversion rate, you would roughly make the same amount in Bahrain. Keeping in mind that the cost of living in Bahrain is fairly high than India, please evaluate this offer carefully before you accept.

Google "optometrist salary in India" and you will find a few links similar to the one below:
http://www.payscale.com/research/IN/Job … ist/Salary

Good Luck.

Hi nanhi

I cannot agree more with what 5hutterbug has said. Absolutely spot on with his advise.

You must think about your earnings potential in India before jumping on a plane. Moving countries is a big sacrifice and your earnings and savings potential must be good to make it truly worth to make the big move. If you can make a similar amount of money in your home country, then even my sincere advise is to stay and not move.

Staying in your own country has its benefits. Moving includes making a number of sacrifices. Hence your move should be worth your while.

Best wishes with your decision.

I think you should negotiate a better package or stay at home.

On a side note can you not post in abbreviated language like SMS speak please as it makes it difficult to understand. Thank you