Is BD 500. salary enough or not?

Hi everybody ☺.

I need help!  I got a job opportunity in hospitality, sales at BD 500. in Bahrein. With single accomodation + assurance + car allowances and uniform ...etc. but i don't know if its enough or not.

Iam a french citizen and the salary in euros seems low to me but some people are telling me it's enough for a single lady.

What do you guys think? Shall i accept or refuse?

Thx a lot.
Xoxoxo

Hi   
It's very good  don't leave it

Hello,

The question of whether it is enough can only really be answered by you.  Here is a link which outlines the general cost of things in Bahrain.  Some things have gone up in price due to recent tariffs, but it is still a solid guide.

The answer really all depends on your lifestyle, your desires to save, and many other factors.  Also, be sure to research your employer some online before you sign your contracts, for your own security.  You will also get valuable feedback from others if you look deeper.

If you have specific questions we would be happy to answer them!

Cost of Living in Bahrain - 2015

Hi

I agree with relwell on the points he has highlighted. It would totally depend on your lifestyle. I would also like to give you a heads up that medical/schooling is on a higher side in Bahrain most of the employers do provide medical insurance.

T&R

schooling?

as a single lady, if she does have kids, she'd be wise not to bring them to Bahrain  ;)

☺ thank you guys for your quick replies.

It's only me, myself and i. Don't have children.

I am going to start calculating my budget in Bahrein with all the figures founded on the forum. And i'll see.

Do you guys know a cheap car rental website or agency?

Have a lovely day.
Xoxo

local agencies are Tooranco and, my preference for customer service, Adliya Rental. You'll get something like a Yaris for BD 150 a month. They don't undercut each other, don't bargain and there's really nothing cheaper. They might give you a deal if you paid several months up front though.

@Gira2016

Check this website for cost of living.  www.numbeo.com

Another +1 for Tooranco, just got a deal for 165 per month on a 2016 car. Very good pick up and drop off service too.

Personally I would say 500 is on the low side, but it possibly right for the industry. Having accommodation is a plus especially if your bills are paid. You can cheap pre pay mobile deals with Internet, so your only expenses would be food and entertainment.

With 125 per week, you'd need to budget your entertainment. I've had bad weeks where I spent 25BD on lunch!

It's a decent normal package which might help you to get your foot in the door... So to speak.... Then whilst you are settled you will have time to look for a higher paid position. Bon chance

yes i guess its enough for a single lady. But not enough for a boy

Yes its really good package if they give you room car etc... Simply try to control on your pocket then max to max in 100bd expense...

@sumsul

Thank you for your reply. But i dont understand why?

???😞😒

Gira2016 wrote:

@sumsul

Thank you for your reply. But i dont understand why?

???😞😒

Boys and their toys... Too much expense!

vikpaw wrote:

Boys and their toys... Too much expense!

:lol: true !

Ridiculous answer guys..(obviously the last few answers)

I do think it is a bit low. Please inbox me with details about your job and I will give you feedback.

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : off topic + please start a new thread
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello,

I'm Reinhard from Germany. Personally I think that 500 BD/month is not sufficient for expats from Western Europe. You really should consider ALL the parameters before you agree to accept this salary.
Below you will find a few aspects for your consideration:
1. How you want to live? Some expats in Bahrain get 75 BD/month, others 5000. If you live in Paris you are used to high costs when you go out. Do not expect the prices to be much lower in Bahrain. For a decent dinner at a mid-class restaurant (US style or hotel) you will easily pay 20 to 25 BD per person. A beer or a cocktail in a bar will cost you around 5 to 6 BD. Prices at the supermarket are a little lower than in France except for imported goods (like raspberries or French cheese, for example). So, if you mainly cook by yourself and don't go out too much 500 BD should be ok but there will be not much left for saving.
2. Very important: what kind of accomodation will be provided? Some companies offer some space in shared condos only. Means: you will have to share your apartment with one or more colleagues in separate rooms or, in the worst case, even in the same room. Make sure to find out what to expect to avoid bad surprises.
3. Clarify the details of the provided insurances. The "normal" health insurance covers only basic services and expenses but NO costs for dentists, glasses, medical check-ups or pregnancy, just to mention a few. This can be covered with a premium policy only - at significant additional costs...

For sure there are many other aspects which I forgot even after living in Bahrain for more than two years. Bahrain certainly is a pretty open country and good to live in - if you have some money to enjoy the nice side of living...

Best regards
Reinhard

You are European. For the lifestyle etc that you are used to, it isn't enough.