I need all the help

i need all the help i can get.

i am elderly physically disabled lady, thinking of renting in salinas town area ......a budget dwelling but cant seem to contact the real estate man with whom i made tentative plans, ;    hector g. quintana.     ... i told him by phone message and several different e mail addresses i got off of internet that i await his instructions about if i should fly down from remote area near sacramento,ca..... now that passport has arrived?   and whether the new dwelling or room is ready ?......but have received no reply.

does any body know him or if he is what he seems and is honest and reliable?

can someone please help me to get this onto the general blog cause i cant seem to;

i need all the help i can get.

i am elderly physically disabled lady, thinking of renting in salinas town area ......a budget dwelling but cant seem to contact the real estate man with whom i made tentative plans, ;    hector g. quintrana.     ... i told him by phone message and several different e mail addresses i got off of internet that i await his instructions about if i should fly down from remote area near sacramento,ca..... now that passport has arrived?   and whether the new dwelling or room is ready ?......but have received no reply.

no reply   in quite a few says...maybe he's too busy or maybe?

does any body know him or if he is what he seems and is honest and reliable?

Hello,  after reading your message, I can only suggest that should you know someone that actually lives in Salinas, have them check out this dwelling for you before you make the trip so that you have your accommodations.  By no means, would I say not to come down and enjoy the country.  There are lots of accommodations available but the fact that you have already have a dwelling why should you spend monies on another.  If you know the real estate agent by name, give it to your contact and ask them if they could check it out for you before you go any further.  It will save you money and times with little further frustration.

HI!
I have made a wonderful friend here and she is warm and caring--plus being Ecuadorian. She speaks fluent ENGLISH and is well versed in the problems that you describe. Her name is Martha and she can help you if you would like her to. Her contact email is ''[email protected]. Contact her and your life will be easier.
You can send me my own e-mail at [email protected],
Barbara

Carolyn--please see my message to you--I am Barbara

Too funny.
I'm looking at some of the comments about the transition and I've read and heard conflicting reports. Doesn't this sound similar? Hmmm...government in whatever country? Try working for the Veterans Administration.
My goal here was to try and establish a couple of good links for some insight on what people have gone through and what I might expect. Old marine rule? - Expect the unexpected. So, I've doubled down on Apostiles and documents. Maybe, just maybe it will work.
I visited, traveled around, and with some help of new friends, I was encouraged to look at moving. It seemed nice and reasonable, but a few days in the Galapagos and in Guayaquil nearly baked me. SPF 50 x 0 is still zero. Then I went to Cuenca. Fantastic outside of the centro.
Figured I can do it.
I read the papers, talked to some folks, and got an appreciation for the area and want to explore some lifestyles and certainly pursue my interest in history and culture and civilizations.
So, instead of trying to negotiate the myriad of government that we're used to, as guests in another country, and after reading the blogs, I can see exactly how attitude and perception can play a big part in success. So, why not trust someone recommended in gringo tree or elsewhere and leave the sweat up to them? Easy answer, I employed a local attorney who said she'd be with me every step of the way.
However, I like the blogs and look forward to hearing some of the comments and becoming part of the community.
Anyone like karaoke?
I think this is an older community of who knows who and respect. Might be wrong, but I'll try to employ some of that older wisdom I didn't have when I was younger.
Love to hear from anyone who wants to share. Let's try it! Down end of July!

hi all

well  now the repairman of my computer servicfe in california wont be here till monday.

awaiting a visa from ecuador counsel in San Francisco hopefully soon.

severely physicall impaired elderly lady will try to go to live in salinas equador.

will keep aeverybody  posted as to results...sigh

at lease i now know why i kept getting kicked off the internet is because  of intermittant modem problem etc.

hi louis

you are de bomb!!!

i love your gumption and style

wish i was more healthy and i would emulate your behavior.

but just being able to live and survive at present is sufficient till i improve in my health

see yah!

i finally got a call from realator

he's said hes extremely busy with lots of  "irons in the fire."  ( i didnt realize he had so  many things in addition to just being a realtor)

he said now they (Ecuador) are fine tuning the law enforcement clearance letter.,  so from now on you have to contact the F.B.I for a summary of any/ or not/  criminal activity    here  in the states,..... and also have it translated apostilled?    so my sheriffs letter might not cut it with he consullate in san francisco. I also forgot to include the medical clearance  and result of HIV test etc.  sigh

on top of that, my several calls to the FBI yeilded the fact that they take the requests in order received...... so it will take perhaps 6 weeks to get the summary request backv rom Clarksville, west VA.....i might loose my rental due this delay due to the counselar generals new rules? if he wont take my sheriffs letter?

aditionally i forgot to include a medical clearance letter says i'm on reasonably good health, an hiv test result and something else i momentarily forgot///another senior moment....sigh

Hello Carolyn

Nice to hear from you.  Glad things are coming together for you with all your papers from the Ecuadorian Embassy.  It will be a pleasure to meet you once you do arrive in Salinas.  It is a wonderful ocean front little city that can offer what you may want.  The people are very friendly here and everyone looks out for everyone else.  Its different from most places in the world. I think you would enjoy yourself.  As for your computer internet links hope your technician can fix them properly for you this time.  Good Luck

Fred

Good luck, Carolyn -- with the computer and with the SF consul.

did you have any contact with anyone at Frisco Ecuador consulate? I'm in Sacramento and it would be easier to send there than Washington?
Patience. It's just a different way they do things in business - casually!
Thanks
Michael

frugalpirate wrote:

did you have any contact with anyone at Frisco Ecuador consulate? I'm in Sacramento and it would be easier to send there than Washington?
Patience. It's just a different way they do things in business - casually!
Thanks
Michael

Michael:

Consulates divide up the country -- if you are in Sacto and apply anywhere other than SF, they will just politely suggest you talk with SF.

Bob

As I recall from a previous thread here, Ecuador closed their San Francisco consulate, effective Nov.1, 2013 wasn't it?

Can anyone confirm?

Good catch, Gardener. I recall hearing the same.

Here is a list of the consulates and each one's jurisdiction. There's a listing for SF, but no area of jurisdiction. You may need to try LA, Michael.

http://www.ecuador.org/nuevosite/servic … ulados.php

:D
Thanks
I had sent them an email with no response
The attorney down there, bless her, has no real understanding of the geographics
If that worked for you I'll give it a try.
This apostille nonsense takes forever!
Thanks for the tips

Hello carolynhunter,

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Ecuador forum for a better visibility.

All the best,
Christine

Carol,  Wishing you the best of luck with your comp. repair and your visa.
Get a head start in choosing what you will be bringing to Ecuador, as movers
and Customs can be a hassle. Bring some warmer clothes it gets a bit chilly
in the evenings, we just spent the weekend there and it was pretty cool and windy.