Coming to Cebu next month...need help!

Hi everyone! I'll be in Cebu next month. I've been voluntarily helping children in northern Thailand, but my obligations are done there. I previously voluntarily helped others, from all walks of life for 28 of those years. I've been in recovery for well over 29 years, & hope to celebrate my 30th year in the Philippines! I have advanced degrees, & have MANY talents & skills. I need advance help in finding a safe, affordable guesthouse room (I've been told the northern part of the city is better, especially to be able to get to AA meetings easily). I'll also need help with a visa. I'm on retirement income, but truthfully, I don't believe I'll ever stop learning or helping others - I have too much energy to want to slow down too much!
Anyway, I need some people to contact & get help from. Thanks in advance to anyone who will help me out! PEACE!!! Mike

how much is affordable ?  how long are you planning to stay?   on entry most people get 30 day visa free stay   but u also need to have an onward ticket   .

No more than $300. U.S. is affordable. I plan to leave my stay open-ended. I just need to be fairly close to a consulate to extend my stay.
Thanks for writing to me!