Student Visa with Dependent (wife)?

Greetings to everyone

I am an Engineer from Karachi, Pakistan working in a company for over 4 years. I have chosen to study further in Germany (M.Sc. in Engineering). However, I am married and I want to take my wife with me to Germany. I can take care of the expenses (such as housing, insurance etc.) for my wife by myself. I searched the official German visa website but did not find any valuable information about "dependent visa on a student visa". I have following questions with me:

1.    Is it allowed for a student to take a dependent (wife) with him to Germany while he is on a student visa?
2.    If 1 is yes, then how? What is the visa procedure and what are the pre-requisites? (Proof of income? German language requirements etc.)
3.    If 1 is no, what are the alternate options? (I don't want to stay away from my wife for 2 years.
4.    What if I am having a scholarship? Then am I allowed to take my wife with me in Germany.

Can someone please help me out?

Thanks in advance.

You double posted this, I think, and the other posting was removed with my reply. So here again:

I am not sure if a student visa holder can bring dependents. I think not, but please confirm with your nearest German embassy.
IF it is possible, you need to show
    - sufficient income (8000/year per person is the minimum to survive)
    - sufficient living space (rental apartment for two people)
    - health insurance (If you're eligible, i.e. below 30 years old and no employment income, try to include her in your subsidized student insurance which costs 80/month. If not, you'll have to pay a lot more, possible 350/month per person!)
Alternative to dependents visa is a work visa on her own merits, but this is difficult to get for a non-EU citizen and she needs a job offer first.

By the way: You posted, all within a few weeks, that you want to
- work in Finland or elsewhere in Europe
- study in Finland
- study in China
- and now study in Germany.
Are you for real? Confused? What do you really want???