Saudi Arabia

It is lovely country. free of tension free of mess, best country on the world.  DO you want to come?

Yes if you give me a air ticket.........take care of my travelling.staying and other expenses........and also if you provide me a good permanent job.............. :D

Regards,
Anil

No.
To hot and I don't want to cover myself under force.

No.
I prefer to live in a country with equal rights, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of the press, freedom of assembly and freedom of petition.

Gosh, I had enough trouble learnng Portuguese before I came to Brazil. I have seen the Arabic language in its written form and there is absolutely no way I could ever learn it... you make one tiny slip of your pen on a word and you've written something completely different. With my luck it would always be a swear word!  ;)

In all my wanderings around the world it is the one place I have no interest in working living or visiting.

I put a condition that nobody will accept it in my earlier post......even if someone accepted then nothing harm on visiting.............

I grew up in Saudi Arabia.

Whilst the popular belief is that it is a very negative place, I have very good memories. Whenever I speak to people about the place its one of two extremes - either they love it or hate it. This has led me to believe that its a matter of personal preference.

wjwoodward wrote:

Gosh, I had enough trouble learnng Portuguese before I came to Brazil. I have seen the Arabic language in its written form and there is absolutely no way I could ever learn it... you make one tiny slip of your pen on a word and you've written something completely different. With my luck it would always be a swear word!  ;)

It does appear difficult to pick up, but, as with anything else, the Arabic language is not too difficult to learn with the right effort and guidance. The best student in the Arabic classes I attended was a lady from the Czech Republic! :)

Hello,

Im a Filipina married to a Briitish citizen and we are currently living in Saudi Arabia. I would be happy if anyone could give me some tips for job opportunities here.

Thank you

Joy

tuttifrutti wrote:

Hello,

Im a Filipina married to a Briitish citizen and we are currently living in Saudi Arabia. I would be happy if anyone could give me some tips for job opportunities here.

Thank you

Joy

Hello tuttifrutti,

Why dont you post this in Jobs section of saudi Arabia forum for better reply............

Regards,
Anil

I would love to see any country that is free of tension and mess.  Should I use my Israeli passport when I go?  When they ask why I want to enter, should I mention the Christian lesbian convention?  Should I tell them that not only do I drive a car but that I am also a licensed pilot who supervises men that are not at all related to me?  Surely the best country in the world would not take issue with such things.

Thank you

Can you explain why it is the best country in the world?
I agree it is beautiful though

come ooooon !!

i think the Riyadh you are talking about is on a different planet :)

MiaCulpa wrote:

I would love to see any country that is free of tension and mess.  Should I use my Israeli passport when I go?  When they ask why I want to enter, should I mention the Christian lesbian convention?  Should I tell them that not only do I drive a car but that I am also a licensed pilot who supervises men that are not at all related to me?  Surely the best country in the world would not take issue with such things.

Hang on, you're a Israeli Christian lesbian, car driving pilot.
Wow.
That'll provoke conversation. :D

The best country in the world, with the nicest people, may not have the best government.

Hi Brigitte,

I really hope that you're not terribly fond of driving, thats just one of the things you'll need to give up in Saudi Arabia. Oh well, there's always the bus or taxis.  :sosad:

luai wrote:

come ooooon !!

i think the Riyadh you are talking about is on a different planet :)

Or reading too many newspaper pieces.
No country is perfect and I don't believe any government has ever managed to be ....

but they do have a valid point about women drivers (ducks for cover) :D

mas fred wrote:

The best country in the world, with the nicest people, may not have the best government.

Very true.  I cannot wait until the next elections.