Denied igama

My husband an engineer is in Saudi,1 week.  The company he works for contracted him with provisions for his family to join him after the 90 day probation.  He has been told  that igamas are being denied.  The Saudis have in-acted an initiative to limit foreigners within the Kingdom.  One of the ways is to limit/refuse family members immigration.
My husband and I have been apart no more than 3months total in 35yrs. We would never entertained the job offer if we knew this might be the outcome.
Can anyone help me with current info on this policy and what can be done about it?

this 90 day probation for for getting residential permit (iqama) for family.

but no limitation for visit visa if ur husband has resident visa (Iqama) then apply for visit visa u will get visa in 15 days and you can come. cheers

nk

Did they not tell you before he went that there is a 90 day probation period?

It is extremely rare for dependents of the employee to come at the same time.  Typically, it takes anywhere from 2 to 4 months for families to be able to join the bread winners.

Well in your case as per my experience no one can help you other than your husband and the company where he is working. If the company issue the Iqama then he can apply for your visa dont go for visit YES don't go for Visit visa please. Wait for the permanent family visa and avail all the facilities of family status. Free Medical tickets and all other benefits, Once you are in saudi on visit visa you are no more company responsibility, Your hubby will pay the medical, tickets and other benefits as per the law. So i will advice wait for the permanent family visa.

Whats the reason for IQAMA getting denied? i got my IQAMA in less than a month when i arrived with work visa.for family visa issues i dont have idea, but for IQAMA there must be some problem for medical or certificates...

My husband got his igama. I have a vista visa of 3 months  now we want to apply for my igama but dont know what to do and where to go. I am already 1 month in SAR

hanieloots wrote:

My husband got his igama. I have a vista visa of 3 months  now we want to apply for my igama but dont know what to do and where to go. I am already 1 month in SAR

You are on a visit visa, and so can't get the iqama.

Iqama is either for work visa holders (like your husband) or dependents who come on family visas (NOT visit visas).

Your husband needs to apply for your family visa, once obtained you'll go back to your home country, get the family visa stamped and come back.

hanieloots wrote:

If you want IQAMA, Either you enter with family visa or with work VISA. As per the rules if you are in visit visa, you have to leave KSA and enter back with new VISA.  Once you enter with new visa, you would be eligible to get IQAMA. Good Luck