Doneraile - Cork County

I'm looking into an offer to house sit in Doneraile - Cork County. Can anyone give me a little insight? I golf and flyfish. Thanks

Hi Wineguy,
Doneraile is near to Mallow town and approximately 1 hour drive from Cork city.  Do you have a car? If so you have easy access to both Cork and Kerry where there are a plethora of fishing areas and golf clubs.  The Old Head of Kinsale has one of the most famous golf clubs in the world in one of the most spectacular settings, and is about a half hour drive from Cork (under an hour & a half from Doneraile).  The Lee Valley Golf Club has spectacular views over the lake at Inniscarra.  I'm from Cork, but I'm afraid I'm not terribly familiar with the immediate area of Doneraile.  However, between Cork & Kerry there should be more than enough fishing and golfing opportunities for anyone. DiscoverIreland.ie is a very good website for local information.  Cork Harbour will have access to deep sea angling from Crosshaven.  You might also try looking for local anglers clubs..  I'm  sure there will be at least some local fishing and golfing in the Donerail area and as a base you should have a lot to choose from within an hour's drive.
All the best,
EricFA

Thanks Eric - that helps a lot.

Wineguy