Electrical engineer grad, Likelihood of finding a Grad scheme in Aus?

Hi my partner is completing his last year of an electrical and electronics engineering degree. He has applied for a few grad schemes in Aus but no luck so far. He is on target for a 1st or 2:1. Is a qualified industrial electrician but no longer wants to work in that field so gaining entry with that is not possible. Can anyone give me any advice? Thanks Christina

mclarenstables
Welcome to Expat.com.

To be honest his chances would be very slim.
Unemployment is now 6% and rising. The economy is sliding downhill with the new govt looking to slash costs as much as they can so us poor taxpayers are to get slogged yet again.
There is not enough money to cover the medicare system and so you will have to pay for doctors fees yourself. 
We are now number 6 in the top 10 of highest taxed countries in the world.
Last night the govt is now looking at pensions and super funds as a way of getting more taxes. 

Cost of living is getting high too. www.numbeo.com will give you facts and figures for many countries.

If you have a halfway reasonable job back home I would not consider coming here.
The NZ economy is on the rise and would be worth looking into. There seems to be a rise in immigration intake there.
Try www.immigration.govt.nz for information. 

Hate to be so negative but that is the reality.