Moving to Bahrain

Hi,
My husband is being offered a job in Bahrain for the monthly salary of 1750 BD. Is it sufficient for us to live in Bahrain comfortably along with a child who is of 3 years?Is it possible to save after all our expenditures?

Hi happyforever,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you to browse through the different discussions on the forum regarding the cost of living in Bahrain.

I am sure the Expat.com members living in Bahrain will also provide you with some useful information very soon.

Have a nice day,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

It all depends on your lifestyle, your needs and the way you want to live. Anyone can survive or live on that salary but you haven't said if the company are paying your medical, accommodation, schooling, travel etc etc. We cannot advise you with such little information. There are over 30 topics covering the cost of living, I suggest you read them first and then come back to us if you need to know more

Yes, I agree with Josnuggles

Short answer is yes. Long answer is yes. One has to be extremely careless with money if they cannot live comfortably and save on that kind of monthly earnings.

This topic has been covered extensively. Please take a look and do let us know if you have more questions. :)

Best wishes.

Please read the Definitive Guide to Bahrain for New Expats which can be found on Bahrain forum. You can easily save some and comfortably live on that money. Or you can be careless and spend a lot of money and still save a little bit. For most things, Bahrain is not more expensive than most developed countries. Some things are even cheaper. The guide will, well, guide you on your average expenses.