Does anyone have insurance with Integra Global?

I'm considering to buy health insurance with Integra Global. Their plans look like value for money, but the company as a whole looks a bit dodgy (underwriter incorporated in Gibraltar without a proper website...alarm bells!). Does anyone use Integra Global? What has been your experience with them?

Why dont you try Liberty Insurance. They have Standard and Premium Health Insurance. M friend use to work for them and it looks like a reputable company since its owned by an American company. I consider getting the Motobike Insurance.
libertyinsurance.com.vn/index.php/en/liberty-products/personal-lines/medicare-insurnace

NicoleMonika wrote:

I'm considering to buy health insurance with Integra Global. Their plans look like value for money, but the company as a whole looks a bit dodgy (underwriter incorporated in Gibraltar without a proper website...alarm bells!). Does anyone use Integra Global? What has been your experience with them?

missmae wrote:

Why dont you try Liberty Insurance. They have Standard and Premium Health Insurance. M friend use to work for them and it looks like a reputable company since its owned by an American company. I consider getting the Motobike Insurance.
libertyinsurance.com.vn/index.php/en/liberty-products/personal-lines/medicare-insurnace

I advise all Expats to actually go to the nearest/largest hospital to where they will be residing and ask the hospital workers what insurance they process/take.  Then go with those.  Otherwise, they just paid for premiums that they can't use.  Insurance companies count on the red tape to deter paying out to beneficiaries; you'll often end up paying out of pocket at Vietnamese hospitals first anyways.

missmae wrote:

Don't bother getting motorbike insurance that costs more than 15,000 VND. 

http://tuoitrenews.vn/business/13786/mo … in-vietnam

I paid 90,000 VND for mine and it's worth the same as the dirt cheap 15,000 VND policy...in that I paid 6 times more than someone else in getting a "get out of being fined by the CSGT" card.

Hi Nicole,

Did you buy it at the end? Is it good? What was your experience?

I'm considering buying, but I couldn't find a single review online, it looks weird :S

Tran Hung Dao wrote:

I advise all Expats to actually go to the nearest/largest hospital to where they will be residing and ask the hospital workers what insurance they process/take.  Then go with those.  Otherwise, they just paid for premiums that they can't use.  Insurance companies count on the red tape to deter paying out to beneficiaries; you'll often end up paying out of pocket at Vietnamese hospitals first anyways.

Yep, a red hot tip.
Expat insurance is normally at expat prices but the locals get insurance at local prices.
Pop into the hospitals and ask not only what the staff use, but ask which companies they have the most problems with.
The answers will shock you.

InterGlobal is just a front-partner name. It's bought by Aetna years ago. So you can be sure that their product is legitimate.

In term of review, they are a pretty god provider but more expensive.

Hi Saudo-2812 former ChesCo, former DelCo here. Which health insurance company would you recommend here in Vietnam? I'm a retiree in Nha Trang. Thanks! Jane

New and improved wrote:

Hi Saudo-2812 former ChesCo, former DelCo here. Which health insurance company would you recommend here in Vietnam? I'm a retiree in Nha Trang. Thanks! Jane

Outline what you are wanting, policies all differ. I have two policies, one which is hospital cover with Bao Viet, a local insurer and my wife has cover for me under her company.It doesn't cover outpatients.

Hi Jane,

Former Chesco here! Sooo good to see someone from my home county.
The answer to your question depends on your future plan in Vietnam and your age.
1) If you plan to stay in VN for a short time: I'd suggest you get a plan with a local provider such as Bao Viet or Liberty. However, they won't accept new applicants over 64 y/o and can cancel/limit your plan if you make a high claim with them in the past year

2) If you plan to retire in Vietnam: I'd suggest a health insurance plan with an international provider such as MSH, Aetna, or PJICO/AXA. They are reliable providers and will cover you for the rest of your life. Also, they won't kick you out of the plan if you make a high claim with them in the past year. Their cut-off age to enroll into a plan is 64-70 y/o.

Best,

Thanks, Colinoscapee, and Saudo-2812, for the good advice. I just turned 66 so I assume that limits my choices.

Do you, and most expats, have med evac insurance as well? Is that part of your health insurance? For me, once back in the USA, Medicare kicks in to cover everything since I'm carrying all the supplemental plans.

Saudo-2812, I belatedly realized I'm not only former DelCo, but also former MontCo and PhilCo. The only thing I'm not is former BucksCo. Must have been an oversight!

Jane

Hi Jane,

Your choice is limit but there is still some options. 

Most int'l insurance for expats will have emergency evacuation benefit. Emergency evacuation benefit will be used when the treatment at local facilities isn't adequate enough to treat you. Then the provider will evacuate you to the nearest location (usually Bangkok-Thailand) to get treated. Typical routine is evacuation to Thailand -> get treatment -> repatriate back to Vietnam.

The decision to fly you back to the States will be done case by case. The provider will have to take your health status, family members, and medical care factors into consideration.