Do I Need to register with a doctor or we just go straight to hospital

Hello, We have recently moved from the UK and my Son aged 14 seems to coming down with something, I would like for peace of mind to have him checked out, My question is can I take him straight to Mater Dei Hospital? We are still in the process of awaiting for our E-Residency cards but my husband is in full time employment and pays national Insurance. Does anyone know if there will be a charge and the process we have to do.

Thanks you in advance for any help,

Claire.

Either take him to a doctor and pay or take him to a public health clinic.

San Pawl il-Bahar District Clinic, 70,     Triq San Pawl, St Paul's Bay SPB 3416 Tel: 21580479

One of the very first things you should have done was get your Health Entitlement Certificate. If not I guess you can use your passport and have him looked at.

I would not take anyone to any hospital for any non emergency issue. I think that is a waste of their resources.
That's what GP's are for.

Ooops, double tap.

go and see a doctor at most pharmacists its easier and cheap and not much of a wait - go to mater dei free but you will be there all day.

redmik wrote:

Either take him to a doctor and pay or take him to a public health clinic.

San Pawl il-Bahar District Clinic, 70,     Triq San Pawl, St Paul's Bay SPB 3416 Tel: 21580479

One of the very first things you should have done was get your Health Entitlement Certificate. If not I guess you can use your passport and have him looked at.

I would not take anyone to any hospital for any non emergency issue. I think that is a waste of their resources.
That's what GP's are for.

Agree with Redmik, except the clinic in St. Paul's (sorry Mick.)
That clinic is only for repeat prescriptions and there is not a doctor available for clinical diagnosis.

You would have to go to Mosta poly clinic. It is 24 hours (emergency) but the best time to go is around 07:30 or later in afternoon. there will be a minimum 15- 30 people in the queue!

If you are in St. Paul's, you can pay a doctor to see him for 7 euro. There is Dr. Gonzi (ex primeminster's brother!) in the chemist near the school. From around 09:30 or later around 15:30. There is a doctor in St. Simons chemist on Bugibba sea front, near the jetty. If you are more Qawra, the there are a few chemists that have doctors.

Thanks Toon for the correction, I admit I only got that from the web as I have little knowledge of the area. Good to get things right. :top:

Hello:

1.  What is a Health Entitlement Certificate and why must one get it?

2.  Who is entitled to it?

3.  Where to get it?

4.  How long does it take to get it?

5.  Are dental or vision services included in the local public health programs?

This would be for E-residence card holders.

It will depend on your status.
Look at these postings for more information...

https://www.expat.com/forum/341-10-heal … malta.html

Terry