Possibly moving to guangzhou

Greetings,

I am thinking about possibly relocating to Guangzhou. I'm Mexican-American and a scientist working and living in Germany at the moment. My partner got a job offer to work there long term and now I'm having to make a huge decision. I'd like to hear what life is like there from the perspective of a foreigner who doesn't speak Mandarin and has never lived in China. I don't know Mandarin. Some of the questions I have are:

1. Has the government restrictions on the internet/communication affected you?
2. How hard is it to get around town? What are ways you have found to make this easier?
3. If you don't know the language how do you deal with everyday things like shopping, banking, transportation?
4. How easy or hard was the move there?
5. What kind of healthcare is available and how do you get it?
6. What is the cost of living there?

Any insights into life there would help me. I will be visiting Guangzhou in the future as part of my partners interview process. Thanks in the advance. :)

Hi there, this is Ivy, welcome to China, I'd love to help you if you come to Shenzhen. So wish you everything will be ok.

Hallo guy,
welcome to GZ. I graduated and work here for 8years.Many of my foreigner colleagues have got used to live here.I think it easy for you too.
In china you can't log in FB,U2 and some other websites.But don't worry there are still very free to foreigner websites.i think it won't affect your work.
For shopping,eating,transportation,here many supermarket,subway have English version or illustration.

1500RMB plus per month,you can have nice apartment.actually,many foreigners can make good living here.I know many guy as English teachers,engineers or businessman.

Seeing is believing. Everyone comes from different background and story. You are not in my shoes; neither am I. Why not getting a tourist visa to China and checking out the daily life in Guangzhou by yourself first? Moving aboard is a huge decision, especially you don't know the language, culture or almost  nothing. Don't do that only for your partner, or you would regret soon.

Hi

Awesome for people like me.

I am from New Delhi India and i want to move to China.
I am looking for a job in merchandising.marketing,client service.
My current job is based on merchandising and client service for a company based in New Delhi India.
I can add value to the company who are looking to focus on Indian Market.

Thanks
[Moderated: send details in private pls]