Female working in Riyadh

Hi everybody.

I hope you find what you looking for ..

ADRIANA84 wrote:

My fiels is construction, I am HSE Manager(Health, Safety and Environment)and I am sure that I cannot work at site but Can I work at the office of any construction company?

As a woman, that won't be possible.  Even then, the Saudi government is pushing to have nationals not expats fill those types of positions.

smurfette wrote:
ADRIANA84 wrote:

My fiels is construction, I am HSE Manager(Health, Safety and Environment)and I am sure that I cannot work at site but Can I work at the office of any construction company?

As a woman, that won't be possible.  Even then, the Saudi government is pushing to have nationals not expats fill those types of positions.

Are you sure about that because the lady want to work in a company and the company classified in the private sector  so its the company matter .. I think she can find what she looking for :)

I think she should expand her search to include hospitals (mixed environment and HSE depts.) but she can forget about being hired as the manager.

Alliecat wrote:

I think she should expand her search to include hospitals (mixed environment and HSE depts.) but she can forget about being hired as the manager.

However, this could also be a challenge unless she's fluent in Arabic.  But again, it's very likely a qualified national could fill that level of position.

smurfette wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

However, this could also be a challenge unless she's fluent in Arabic.  But again, it's very likely a qualified national could fill that level of position.

True but I actually know a couple expats working in this capacity--who aren't fluent in Arabic (most hospitals in Riyadh are trying to use English) so it's possible (although maybe not probable).

Contact the ministry of health in Riyadh

Welcome.........

H.Eissa wrote:

Contact the ministry of health in Riyadh

For what purpose?  I'm quite sure they're not in the business of helping foreigners get into entry-level government jobs when there's a high unemployment rate among their own people---some of whom are certainly qualified. I guess you haven't heard of 'Saudization'...

Now there isno problem for the women jobs you can get job in any company in their ofice.

frtz wrote:

Now there isno problem for the women jobs you can get job in any company in their ofice.

No you can't.  Why would you say such a thing?

i know a lot of companies  are apointing ladies in the company. in fact our subcontractor is appointing 6 ladies for their office.I dont know if you know the current regulatin.Are you in Saudi which copany do you work?

frtz wrote:

i know a lot of companies  are apointing ladies in the company. in fact our subcontractor is appointing 6 ladies for their office.I dont know if you know the current regulatin.Are you in Saudi which copany do you work?

So your company is hiring six NON-Saudi women who do NOT know Arabic???

frtz wrote:

i know a lot of companies  are apointing ladies in the company. in fact our subcontractor is appointing 6 ladies for their office.

Exactly what lines of business are these companies in?  And are these women expats or Saudi nationals?

In Saudi Arabia in present scenario jobs for ladies is in  pathetic situation even if you know Arabic or more similar languages. jobs like Nursing with the help of MOH license  you will get that. also teaching jobs will get for ladies in your communities school / and very less paid - you can be a begger that is better option than try for a teacher job. 1500 sr to 2000 is the range for that . better option help the husband and children and make Biriyani at home /

Try to search the net ? expatriate Riyadh is one example for that ? try to put an advt in same expatriate site you will understand the pulses of job profile related riyadh / after you may feel pity on you/
any way good luck for your wandering soul

Saudi womens particularly.

frtz wrote:

Yep, which confirms the point I was trying to make and why expats like ADRIANA84 (who's from Spain, by the way) will find it difficult to impossible to obtain work.  On the other hand, expat women are hired as teachers (including English language instructors) and medical professionals, if qualified. And that's about it.

frtz wrote:

:dumbom:

READ before you reply.

@Adriana

You might be able to get a job, but you would have to look really hard.  The government has officially lifted the restriction on women working in nearly all fields, except for field work, technical work, etc.  But that's what's on paper.  On the ground, companies are required to provide separate places and partitions and all that if they hire women.  So even though women are allowed to work in basically any company now, practically, far from it, due to the logistics of providing them their own space.

One of my wife's friends was in a similar situation as you a few months back.  She is Greek and has a Master's in Environmental Management from... MIT! :cool:.

She arrived here in April and contacted many companies, including the Greek architecture/engineering firm where her husband is working.  All companies said they would love to benefit from her knowledge and experience but they don't have the required special logistical arrangements for women to work in their companies :rolleyes:.

She gave up and was going to start training as a teacher at a British school this September.  I put her in touch with a student of mine in July who has recently started a recycling and environmental awareness company, and he was actually able to hire her as his company was already making separate offices within their building for women.

So it is all a matter of luck and who you know!  If you want me to put you in touch with the same company, let me know.

Good luck!