Best time/day to cross the Causeway for going to Bahrain during Eid

Hi Everyone,

I plan to go to Bahrain with Family for 3-4 days during Eid-ul-Adha holidays next week. I was wondering what would be a good day and time of day to travel across the King Fahd Causeway. I really don't want to get stuck for 3-4 hours on the bridge.

Its my first time and I have no idea if the locals prefer spending the Eid day in KSA or what date would they flock to Bahrain.

Suggestions from frequent visitors would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Amer

Hi there, I've been a few times and have spent 3-4 hours going across at the start of the weekend (it was Wednesday evening then).

I've found the best times to go to Bahrain were when an important/big Gulf or Champions league football game was on. Other than that, outside of convenient hours was best. That could be either early morning or very late at night.

Regarding Eid day (Tuesday, I think?) a lot of Saudis stay in their homes and have a 1-3 day get-together with family, so that might be a good day to travel. I would think the end/beginning of the weekend and morning/late afternoon it will be busiest with commuters.

Whenever you go, a stop in Al Khobar to eat and use the bathroom wouldn't be an unwise move. On the main coastal road/corniche in Khobar, from memory, there are plenty of half-decent restaurants like TGIF, Applebee's, Pizza Hut etc. plus Lebanese and others.

I agree with Full Monty, the best time to pass would be early morning on Eid day