How the heck can I trf money to UK without huge fees?

Hello,

I would really appreciate advice on this, I know people must send money back to the UK.

So far I know there is;
1.  Western Union - they have a high charge fee.
2.  MoneyGram - has anyone used this service?  It seems a cheaper option.
3.  China Bank tell me to exchange my RMB to $ then transfer plus a fee - does this sound normal?

Sorry for the long winded post - but I need to get some money home!

Thanx for reading!

you can ask your family or friend looking for some local chinese who lives in UK(as chinese restos etc, as they need send money back to China as well, find their contact in China, give chinese Yuan to the people they indique, then there the chinese people give UK dollars to ur family or friends.

hey Im from the UK too and I have a Barclays account still active in the UK maybe I could transfer it for you and collect the money from you I know this so very dodgy... lol or you can open a HSBC account and send money back to a HSBC account just a suggestion as i always transfer cash with my uk account but usually im the one recieving money lol

Thanks for the advice.

I have a HSBC account still active in the UK.  If I go to a branch here in GZ can I trf money to my UK account?

Hi:
Probably the best option you have is western union  they charge to me US 25 for sending up to US 2000 to the US.
Another option is Postal Savings Bank Of China but your bank in the UK has to be in partnership with Deutsche Bank fee is .8 % 0f principal plus Y70.
Good luck!!