Hi.

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and have just joined since my wife is deciding to move to belgium with our child.

I currently live in sri lanka and have my own business and also work as a consultant for an American company.

I would like to find out if its worth moving to Belgium considering I make about 5 to 6 thousand dollars a month in my current work.

Thanks,

Vijay.

Assuming you get a relative annual pay of 70K euros, you will end up getting only half of it due to 50% tax.

Hi Riogrande,

Thank you for your input. Firstly I dont think I will be able to find a Job for 70k Euros a year at my age.( 51 by the way).

Secondly I would rather hang on to what I have in hand as its something I make as of now.

Cheers.

Your best bet is to get a transfer with a company there there isnt many jobs aroun maybe brussels

Hi Hannah,

Thanks.
I own my own business and also work for an american company which keeps me travelling to china once in 6 weeks.

I guess its no point in giving up a good thing just to move to belgium.

Having said this, would you by any chance know if there is a potential for Jobs in the garment manufacturing Industry in Belgium?