Moving to Humacao - PR

Hello Hi Everyone,

I am a Indian from India and planning to move to Humacao, PR from US. I would like to get some info related to a few things.

1. How good & secure is the Palmas del Mar comunity for  living.
2. Is it a friendly neighborhood and how close are the shopping / groceris located.
3. Do we have any of FredMeyer/Safeway/Costco/Walmart locates there?
4. Are there any schools private/public with english as the primary instructions / English Speaking Schools near Palmas del Mar.
5. Does a DL from US work there.
6. Are there any indians staying in the island.
7. How safe / good is Humacao.

Any information that one could give me is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Surya

1. Palmas del Mar is a very safe are of Humacao.  It has 32 communities with a well-guarded main entrance and individual entrances with security guards/cameras/gated entry for most of the communities.

It is a beautiful 2,750 acre Resort Community with walking trails, 3 œ miles of sandy beach and many fine amenities.

The amenities make Palmas del Mar unique. You will find: a bank, English Academy from Pre-K to 12, shops, beauty salons, massage therapist, golf, tennis, beach club, mini market and a variety of restaurants. Golf carts are often used to get around.

2,3. It is a very friendly neighborhood and Walmart and Sams are about 10 minutes away.  Costco in Caguas is about 30 minutes away.

4. Palmas Academy is located within the community and primary instruction is in English.

5. A DL from US works--you should change within 90 days.

6. There are a small number of Indians living here--some as business owners in Old San Juan, some work as engineers and I've seen some very knowledgeable farmland owners/developers.

7. Humacao is one of the main "region-towns". It is quite busy and driving time is just about 3 to 4 hours to get to the west coast and 45 minutes to the San Juan International Airport.

It depends on what your plans are.  What would you like to do in Humacao?

[Moderated: No free ad please]

Best regards,

Denise Phillip

Thank you Denise for you reply. This makes me pretty confident for me to plan a move to Humacao.

I am expecting to live there for a long term job oportunity with a minimum commitment of 2 years.

Thanks & Regards,
Surya

Good to hear you are considering PR,

Although I do not live in Palmas, we recently assisted a family member looking at units there. Palmas is very safe and secure. However, after living seven years in a rural area nearby we have never encountered violence or felt threatened. The downside of Palmas is the condo fees. They can range from five hundred to over a thousand a month depending on the quality of unit you are looking at.
Some other considerations... If you need to work it can hard to find here. Prices are the same and sometimes higher than the states. The mosquito's can be biblical.
All thing taken into consideration PR is a wonderful place to live as is Palmas. We chose to live outside a gated community because it fit our life style.

Best wishes

Skip Beltz

Hello Skip,

This is where i am starting up with my next set of queries.

Can you help me with some contact information to the Palmas so that i can get to know the renting options available there fit to my budget.

Reason why i was looking at it is because it is in Humacao, clean safe & secure, has a english school in the neighbourhood.

It will be great if you could provide me pointers that could fit these.

Thanks & Regards,
Surya